style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2521 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently had a bailiff visit from Merton Bailiff Services in London.

It was for a PCN issued by Sutton Borough Council.

They had a warrant of execution to seize my car.

At the time my partner had the car so they could not do anything and also did not gain entry into the rented property I currently reside in.

However they did charge £281 for the visit that will be put onto the cost of the PCN of £118.

I quickly filled in forms TE7 and TE9 and sent it via email to TEC.

Now I understand this will put any enforcement on this PCN on hold until those forms are dealt with and the council provide me an answer to my initial representation.

I would also like to know if that initial visit fee of £281 is considered excessive and can I complain about it and to whom.

Also do I legally own the car and do with it what I want either sell it or even give it away to my partner.

Any help is really appreciated thank you.

Fees for levying distress in the case of PCNs is regulated by the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993-2003 and, because this is in London, the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts Order 1993, copies of which I have attached to this post.

The £281 fee you mention is "not in accordance with legislation" and is certainly excessive, if not, illegal. The most they can charge you, at present, for that one visit is £39.65 (including VAT @ 20%) and £13.44 (including VAT @ 20%) for a letter, if they have bothered to send you one.

Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regs 1993.pdf

Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regs 2003.pdf