Quit work voluntarily. Work Programme. What to do now?

san_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, fellow CAGgers,

I have just left my current (temp) job voluntarily. I haven't walked out. I have given proper notice and the company has agreed to let me go as per contract.

I am not going into details why I left because there are circumstances still under investigation, or so I'm told. I might make a separate thread later on about this.

I am resigned to the fact I might not be receiving Jobseekers Allowance for 26 weeks, I believe, but I need to know some practical details:

1) Can I wait the 26 weeks or whatever time before claiming JSA again or do I have to claim now and wait for the negative decision and then wait 26 weeks?

2) If I have to claim now and the claim is rejected do I still have to sign every two weeks (or every week under the Universal Credit) to keep my National Insurance stamps?

3) If 2=true, can I ago abroad when I don't have to sign, or would that interrupt the period?

4) I am still on the Work Programme for another year. Do I have to inform my Work Provider? I have a good relationship with my agent. What are the possible consequences of informing him of my circumstances?

5) Would I still be entitled to Housing Benefit under the current regime and under the next Universal Credit regime?

As usual, thanks in advance.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

If you left your job voluntarily after the 22nd October then the maximum sanction under the new rules is 13 weeks. You can make your application and a decision will be made based on the information you provide on form ES84JP, but nobody will be able to say if you would receive a sanction or not on here sorry.

Thanks Flumps and Nyg.

I have read this:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/jsa-sanction-changes-factsheet.pdf

- I would have to claim JSA (and have it rejected) to start the 13 weeks counter

- I "must still continue to be available for employment, take steps to actively seek employment, and come to the Jobcentre for your fortnightly appointment to verify this. If you do not, you may lose your entitlement (and your claim will be closed)."

Is the above correct? What happens if I leave the country and come back to sign? Do I still have to notify the DWP? What about Housing Benefit and Work Programme?

If you leave the country and you have a claim for JSA, HB and CtB then yes you have to notify that you are going abroad.

Your JSA claim will terminate with the last day of your claim being te day before you leave the country and te local authority have different rules which someone else may be able to hep with but as afar as I am aware your HB and CtB can continue for set period of time whilst out of the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update: I have attended my first initial interview after my rapid reclaim. In the application I put it in writing that I quit because I had problems at work. The interviewer hasn't even asked me anything about why I quit. I was told I will receive the first payment in about 20 working days.

Does it mean that I will not get sanctioned or could they sanction me later retroactively?

It means that your claim will continue to be assessed as normal pending a decision from DMA regarding your reasons for leaving voluntarily. Payments will be made until a decision is made and will only stop if a decision is made to sanction.

It means that your claim will continue to be assessed as normal pending a decision from DMA regarding your reasons for leaving voluntarily. Payments will be made until a decision is made and will only stop if a decision is made to sanction.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick update. I've just received the form ES84JP. There are some mistakes by the JCP on why I have stopped working but I'll fill my reasons in. Before sending the letter out, can I ask you some questions:

1) Would it be faster if I handed out the form to the JCP or is it safer to send it by mail?

2) Should I make a copy and send one to the Benefit Agency too?

3) The form mentions that if the job was not expected to last 26 weeks, they will take this into account. My job indeed was meant to last 13 weeks. Does anybody have a template to follow or any more information about this?

Thank you

The form only needs to be returned to the JCP it is up to you how you return it but you only have 7 calender days from the date of issue to return it so it may be better to take it in to the JCP in person.

No need to send a copy to te BC they won't have any dealings with it and will send it back to te JCP anyway!

Specify that the job was only expected to last 13 weeeks, DMA may contact the employer to confirm that before making a decision.

Another update.

Today I have received a letter from the Benefit Office (not the Jobcentre) informing me I have been awarded JSA. If the DMA decides to sanction me do I have to return the money back (by the way at the moment the first payment is not in my account yet)?

And how long can it take to the DMA to take a decision?

Thanks

Another update.

Today I have received a letter from the Benefit Office (not the Jobcentre) informing me I have been awarded JSA. If the DMA decides to sanction me do I have to return the money back (by the way at the moment the first payment is not in my account yet)?

And how long can it take to the DMA to take a decision?

Thanks

No, you won't need to pay back any money if DMA applies a sanction - it would apply to payments due after the decision is made. It typically takes a couple of weeks for them to make a decision, though it can vary from one office to the next. I suppose the Xmas season might affect the processing time as well.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.