Advice with help from CRS ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

About a month ago I started getting odd texts from a company called CRS, the text had a ref. number and a message saying please contact us.

These texts carried on over the next few weeks but started to become more threatening, i.e. court action.

I googled the telephone number and it brought up CRS ltd a DCA.

As I had no idea what the debit was referring to I ignored the texts thinking it was some type of [problem].

Two weeks ago I received a letter from CRS ltd asking them to contact them regarding a debit of £136 with regards the ref number at the top of the letter.

As the letter didn't state who the debit was owed to or for what

I sent them a letter on the 13/11/12 based on the template from another website to tell them I had no knowledge of the debit

and to not contact me any more unless they could provide evidence for the debit in question.

I sent this by recorded delivery ( just checked the track and trace on the Royal Mail website and it says come back later).

This morning I received a text from CRS saying they are passing my account on to HL LEGAL and to stop this call Sarah at CRS.

If I do owe somebody money then I will sort it out, but I refuse to pay somebody I don't know for a debit I'm not aware of.

And can't believe that they don't state on the letter where the debit has come from.

I hope somebody on here can advise me, did I do the right thing with the letter I sent to them?

Can they start legal proceedings against me? And do I have the right to know what the debit is for?

i'd check your cra file

see below

that might throw some light

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Started using one of these so called 'Free' credit check sites and after you've entered your details, including debit card details, it then tells you to phone a 5p a minutes line to finish registration. What a rip off, its not free at all. Whats worse to cancel you also have to phone the same number.

try noddle

or anf of the others listed below

as long as you phone and cancel within 30days

they are free

noddle is free from the off

but sometimes is lacking.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Never use those site they garner 2nd hand data and are not uptodate anyway, Equifax & Experian have 30 day free trials just cancel when you have the data you need.

As DX says Noddle is free but not always uptodate.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

who is doing this charge?

dx

and they

Just had another text from CRS telling me this is the last day our client can offer a discount. So in a period of just 3 days its gone from 'its being passed onto HL legal' to ' last chance for discount'. What are they playing at.

By the way thanks to everyone who has replied to my posts, its good to know that their is somebody out their ready to listen and help.

Basically what they are attempting to do is con you out of money you don't owe.

As they have offered a discount, ignore them completely, you clearly owe nothing to no-one, if they offer discounts on legit debts then there is seriously something wrong with it and will never face any form of legal action.

Check your credit file on Noddle, forget ringing the other number to cancel, just leave it.

Please do make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS, also Ofcom, then ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok, just checked my credit rating with Noodle and its 1.

Have searched through the different areas and can't find anything saying I owe anybody any money.

Just to clarify if I do owe somebody money where does it appear in the Noodle report and what would it look like?

Hi

As this is CRS you havent by any chance stayed at any Travelodges as they use CRS services?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

It looks like CRS have totally ignored my prove it letter (its still not showing as delivered on the royal mail website)

as I've just received a letter stating that as I had failed to respond to their previous communications they intend to instruct one of their representatives

to make attendance at my address in the next 7 days.

It the has the usual rubbish of please contact us to avoid this course of action blah blah blah.

There is still no indication who this debt is for just the same meaningless ref number.

What should my course of action be and also is this anything to worry about.

You need to lodge formal complaints with the OFT&TS as these clowns haven't grasped the concept of following guidelines or best practice.

Quite how anybody is expected to know what they are being chased for if the chaser can't have the common sense to divulge the info is beyond me, or it could just be that they have absolutely no idea who it is they are trying to con? I would go with the latter, they have no idea if they have hit their target so instead in order to confirm this, using their state of the art tracing procedure, they will threaten and intimidate everyone with the same name in the hope that one of them will ring them up and do their dirty work for them.

Ignore them, and if some fool does turn up on your private property, you know what to do! Use whatever colourful language you see fit, but if they fail to remove themselves call the police and have them remove them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear Cur or Madman,

As you have failed to respond to my letter date xx xx xxxx with any satisfactory answers I now consider the matter closed.!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

2nd class get proof of posting free from PO desk

dx

and they