thriftyloz

Halifax, Blair Oliver and Scott and Wescot, advice please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In Spetember 2012 the Halifax agreed to £1.00 a month payment for 6 months on my £6120 outstanding credit card balance, to be reviewed in March 2013. I have the letter from them that states this. I set up the £1.00 a month before they agreed and it has been going out monthly ever since.

Last week I received a letter from the Halifax to say they had passed my account onto Wescot for collection. I then received a letter from Wescot to say they were now collecting the debt.

I've tried to find out why my debt has been passed on to them as I have not broken the agreement. Blair Oliver said I should speak to Wescot to arrange payment. I asked to speak to Halifax, Blair Oliver said my account was no longer to do with Halifax. So I rang the Halifax anyway which was only possible by not putting in my account number on the automated system on the phone as if I did I was directed straight to Blair Oliver. Halifax said I should speak to Blair Oliver and Scott. I'm going round in circles and back to Wescot.

I know Wescot are only collecting the debt, the debt hasn't been sold to them. But I was wondering if this was standard practice, or should Wescot not be involved yet? Should I write to the Halifax? Any advice greatly received!

You may already know that Blair Oliver are Halifax.

If Westies are only collecting on behalf of Halifax I personally wouldn't entertain them and carry on paying the original creditor.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

It is common practice to pass defaulted accounts to outside agencies and you will find that the original contractual agreement confirms entitlement.

Oh and don't forget to reclaim any unlawful penalty charges and/or mis-sold PPI that may be on your account.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for the quick replies! Luckily I did know Blair Oliver were Halifax, so didn't panic there. No PPI on this account and not many charges (probably only £60 worth, if that).

Keep paying the original agreed amount to Halifax and ignore Wescot. They cannot do anything to you but will try to put pressure on you to pay amounts that you cannot afford. They have no power, they have no right to come and visit you or any of the other superpowers that they claim to have. Just stick with the original arrangement and you'll be fine. When the time comes up for review and if your circumstances haven't changed then keep paying the £1 but do write to Halifax (not any of the other monkeys) and let them know that is what you are doing. Wescot may try to intimidate you with threats of this and that when the time comes but it'll come to nothing - their job is to play on people's fears and they use legal sounding guff but it as real as the medical sounding stuff you hear on Casualty every week and about as effective!