Unpaid PCN....Baliffs have turned up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's hoping someone can help me please.

Original fine relates to my ex partner using my car, we were together at the time, and veering into bus lane.

Medway council duly served PCN. The car was being used to carry her disabled mother to hospital she has a blue badge etc. we tried to appeal via her mothers social worker and until now have heard nothing. We believed it had all been resolved.

My ex has made me aware this morning of letter from Newlyns. It was a baliff removal notice letter, no note of amounts etc or who they are collecting for. Just vehicle registration number and their reference.

I rang Northampton who without the PCN could not help. To be honest I guessed it was Medway council and rang them. The PCN is for £97 when it left them. However thy would not take payment from me and told me to contact baliffs direct.

I'm not disputing fine tbh I will have to pay , however I don't want to be ripped off with charges. I rang Newlyns head office not the bailiff, was told they could not give me the total amount, I would have to deal/talk to the baliff concerned.

We are separated at the moment so I don't live at the property but my ex and children do, so I need to resolve matter as not to put any further distress on them

Please can someone advise, as I said I will have to pay but hopefully not an extortionate amount.

Get a mobile number for the bailiff (Newlyns should be able to give this) and call to make payment over the phone (if you can pay by credit or debit card). If you can reach them before they pay a visit it should be cheaper, as they add extra fees for a visit to the address. That's my opinion anyway, others may have additional thoughts.

the question is where was the appeal documents sent to,

you said you are seperated, did you leave the marital home, presuming the car is registered at that address etc

if so then the appeal rejection letter would of been sent their and the wife has ignored it

it has been served correctly if that is the case as you would have given that address for the appeal

regarding the fees

you will have to pay, so pay quickly to avoid attendence fees

Here's hoping someone can help me please.

Original fine relates to my ex partner using my car, we were together at the time, and veering into bus lane.

Medway council duly served PCN. The car was being used to carry her disabled mother to hospital she has a blue badge etc. we tried to appeal via her mothers social worker and until now have heard nothing. We believed it had all been resolved.

How did you leave it ?

What was the last correspondence either way ?

How long ago was this ?

Did you check if there were any inconsistencies in the PCN, or dates of delivery of any document sent ?

Update...

Since been back to property yesterday to see my children, another letter dated 19th Nov was there detailing their costs...£465.64 & associated costs..!!!

I submitted TE9 TE7 forms yesterday also..

Tbh if the charges for Newlyns were as they should be (28% and correct amounts for visit) I would pay them...I know I have to pay but I am conscious of the fact of not being ripped off!

Tbh if the charges for Newlyns were as they should be (28% and correct amounts for visit) I would pay them...I know I have to pay but I am conscious of the fact of not being ripped off!

How much beyond the 28% are they ?

It is good to hear that an Out of Time Application has been submitted. I agree with you that if bailiffs charged the CORRECT amount far more PCN's would be paid and this would be far better for the local authorities.

Instead, it is clear that many bailiff companies are "milking the cash cow until it turns sour" !!!

The initial amount when the account was passed over to Newlyns stood at £97.00, They are asking for in excess of £450....

28% of £97 amounts to £27.16.

As you can see a very large increase even taking their statutory fess into account.

Update..

I submitted wrong forms :/

Going to local couty court today to get PE2 / PE3 witnessed.. Then send them today via email to TEC

Have written to Newlyns reagrding the breakdown of charges, hopefully will get their reply shortly

Almost all Out of Time Applications are on the TE7 and TE9. The old style PE2& PE3 are rarely used but if applicable, they require that your signature is witnessed.

Your signature can be witnessed at a solicitors where a fee of £5 can be charged Alternatively, if you visit the reception desk at the local county court they will also witness your signature. They will NOt charge a fee.

Until such time as your form is submitted to TEC you will need to ensure that your car is not available for a bailiff company to seize.

• 1 month later...

Update...

TE7 / TE9 forms were submitted, and duly refused, have got a letter from court dated 4th Jan...

Medway council also submitted a statement of truth and a copy was forwarded to my ex (old address).

My ex has informed me Medway council have on their records confirmation that she applied for housing benefit as of the 29th June. The initial contravention was dated 29th April. Letters were sent out on the 9th May. 14th June, and 26th June..

Obviously, during the months of May/ June we were going through our issues and in June, she applied for housing benefit. I care to add 6/7 months down the line this is still not resolved and I have been doing the right thing and paying this, whilst being fortunate having a very good friend who puts me up. Hence not really wanting to stump up the excessive fees being charged by Newlyns.

I guess next thing is to do is to complete the N244 form, stating I wasn't living there and didn't receive letters etc.... what chance have i of this being taken into consideration? (is there a guide to completing this form?)

Is is worth contacting Medway direct to see if I can pay them ?

Many thanks