shopaholicgirl

Santander Direct Debit charge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI,Apologies if someone has already posted about this already.I have a direct debit on my account with Santander that went out on 19th Nov, it then promptly went back in again. I checked my online account on 18th and it CLEARLY stated that there were sufficient funds in the account. When I checked my online statement yesterday 21st Nov it still clearly stated there were sufficient funds in the bank account. I have a photo on my phone and I screen printed when I get home last night.When I rang Santander they informed me that transactions from Morrisons were going through and there were insufficient funds on that day. BUT my account shows that the Morrisons transactions were not due to go out until 20th Nov. The online balance still states that there were sufficient funds in the account on 20th and 21st Nov. Checking my account to day 22nd it still states there is sufficient funds in my account. They are going to reverse it as a gesture of good will but my car insurance company now want to charge me £25.I am not going to post my bank statement but just to give you an idea: In Out BALANCE19/11/2012 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO CLOSE-BE WISER £38.07 £69.12 19/11/2012 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO CLOSE-BE WISER £38.07 £31.05 19/11/2012 CASH WITHDRAWAL AT HSBC BANK £10.00 £69.12 I intend to write them a letter as this is not the first time this has occured but phoning is not working. Any advice as to who I should word the letter and the amount of time I should give them before I go to the Ombudsman. The customer service person advised me that Morrisons were at fault for posting the charges late.Many thanks in advance.Shopaholicgirl

In Out Balance19/11/2012 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO CLOSE-BE WISER £38.07 £69.12 19/11/2012 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO CLOSE-BE WISER £38.07 £31.05 19/11/2012 CASH WITHDRAWAL AT HSBC BANK £10.00 £69.12Sorry the editing above will not allow me to do this.