style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you could let us know what the problems were with the IVA/PayPlan, we stand a better chance of advising.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The issues with the IVA are:

Ø They requested my last 3 wages slips and came out with an amount that I never received.

Ø The council tax was higher than they have statedveven though I provided them with the amounts that I paid and they had me down as not having rent arrears even though I informed them that I had.

Ø The rent at £450 which was fine initially however it was then increased to £510, an increase of £60. My Council tax was placed at £75.13 however I told them it was £121, an increase of £45.87. Total increase of £105.87. They stated my surplus as being £181 then after 5 months £228. However £181-105.87 = £75.13 after 5 months is £122.13. I was told that this would be passed to the Supervisor but nothing changed.

Ø I told them about my situation with sick pay and not receiving full pay however they informed me that they would take this into account but they never did.

Ø When I was off sick from work for 3 weeks and had to claim benefits, I received half pay but was informed that I still had to pay the normal amount which was impossible. This left me in arrears which I was unable to pay.

Ø I constantly received letters from a preferred creditor which I was told to pass onto them for them to contact regarding the IVA. After I received a Claim form and I informed them about it, I was informed that they were not included in the IVA.

Ø I told the Case Officer that I was finding it difficult to keep up the payments however I was informed that as I had just started the IVA they could not make any changes.

Ø I noticed that some of the amounts stated that I owed creditors are incorrect and there are differences from £30-£1000. Eg. I owe the Open University £229 however on the IVA it states £329.

Ø They added creditors that I have not given them as I dispute that I owe them money.

Ok, so basically, the statement of means was a work of fiction even though you provided the Case officer with correct figures ?

You might need to make a Subject Access Request - in order to obtain all the data in connection with the IVA and your history with PayPlan.

Meanwhile, I will flag your thread and in particular the post above to see if other members of site team have any suggestions.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yes sar would be needed to see what details they have to help you with the claims you are making

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I found out the information was incorrect when I decided to look over the documents that I received from them after agreeing to the IVA. I know that I should I looked over them before, however I did not think that after provided them with all the information that they would have then added information that I did not give them.

Yep they did. I had a debt which was placed with a debt collection agency. This agency also had another debt from another company which they stated that I owed. I disputed this with the company and did not know it was passed to this agency until I saw it on the IVA creditors list. When I complained to them, I was told by the case officer 'well you can just pay it as they will not get all the money that they want anyway'. To which I replied 'no way, as I am disputing the debt' and further more I did not tell you about this debt in the first place so it should not be here!'.

I know that this is probably not a easy question to answer but does anyone have any ideas on what I can ask for as a remedy when I complete the form for the Financial Ombudsman Service. I was also told that it was not 'missold' as it was not purchased, so I need to change it to 'misled'. I need to send back the form as soon as possible. :???::???::???:

I think all you can ask for is that the IV is prepared correctly - if there are any problems with creditors, then they should be addressed by PayPlan.

I doubt very much there will be any monetary value in the claim.. possibly £300 - £500 as compensation for any inconvienence / expense you may have incurred.

What you want is for any wrongs to be put right and for your IV to work properly.. is all I can suggest.

BCOBS

Wholly agree with CB's advice here. What you need is a working IVA with proper allowances now and adjusted as you go forward.

£300 might pay for Christmas but the effects of an IVA successfully concluded will get you many more happy Christmas' than just this one.