Lowell Portfolio AGAIN!!!!

dave1111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

approx 7 year ago was in some serious problems with debt.

Eventually I decided to take nothing on credit, pay off what i could to debts i owed and ride out the 6 years and try and clear my history.

Ive almost come to completion of this period.

Infact i have approx 6 weeks left until the last default (£150) becomes statute barred.

I paid as much as i could on everything else and was left with this one and admittedly decided to ride this last one out.

Today i receive a letter from Lowlife claiming i owe them £420 for a T-Mobile account that i opened in 2003!!!!

It does not give a default date or anything and i honestly have no recollection of such an account.

Admittedly i was young back then and had various mobile phones with different providers and doubt i paid it longer than 6 month.

There is nothing on my credit report detailing this supposed debt either.

I do believe it is statute barred if such an account exists and wondering what i should do now.

This is totally disconnected from the £150 final default i have which becomes barred in 6 weeks and im a little puzzled why im receviing this now.

They also claim they got my details from a CRA however i can find no evidence of any searches on my account.

6 weeks away from becoming debt free and looking forward to getting on with my life and these buggers are now sending me letters that have me completely stumped

If you can't remember the debt then the first step is to send a 'prove it' letter to Lowell. Adapt the one in the template library to suit. If/when they come back with something to prove the debt is yours and the amount is correct, you can think about sending a statute barred letter, since it undoubtedly is.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Just send the standard prove it letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Perhaps they have the wrong person.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread