Bobcat2

Advice Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry if this is not in right place but need some advice please

We recently had for sale a gas cooker that was virtually new, cost nearly £200 and let it go for £40, now the guy who decided to have it,he lost our number twice before he even managed to get to us, he looked at said cooker and was happy, paid money for it and gave him receipt with phone number as he wanted to leave it with us till he got a mate to pick it up, now this is getting on for at least a month ago and the cooker is still here!.Not heard a thing from this guy and he did not leave a number or anything, thing is we have now been offered £60 for the cooker so do we take this offer and save his money to one side as we need the cooker out the way.It is in the hallway collecting dust!.We have no way of finding this guy.

HELP! lol

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree - I think I would dispose of it after storing it for a month without any contact from him. As long as you're prepared to refund his cash if he does get back to you, just tell him that you waited as long as you could but it was in the way and you had to dispose of it.

Charge him storage fees - comes to about 1 GBP per day until you get rid of it.

I would agree to put the money aside for the time being in case he does turn up though

You will have to be able to show that you took reasonable steps to trace the buyer. A couple of lines in your local paper would do fine. Keep the ad and any other relevent docs and then do with it as you wish.

If you sell it, you must keep his money safe for 6 years.

That's a good point..a notice in the same place you advertised the cooker.

Have moved you to the General Consumer issues Bobcat

thanks but it was an advert in a local shop! We are just sick of seeing it tbh and he seems to have disappeared! The other person now deff wants it and for more money

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok, put an advert in the shop where we originally put the for sale one, giving him 2 weeks to reply!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]