• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Internet connection problems.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a friends netbook because she couldn't connect to the internet (not even with the ethernet cable). I tried it on mine and it is the same. It detects networks and successfully connects to the router (wirelessly), but it still will not connect to the internet.

I have checked the ethernet and wirless drivers (device mngr) but can't see any problems. A scan with Malware Bytes has come up clear so I am a bit baffled now.

Also, when I try and troubleshoot the problem it says 'Detecting problems', and then says 'An unexpected error has occured. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue'. After clicking 'View error details' I get the following:-

Package ID: Network Diagnostics

Path: C:\Windows\diagnostics\system\networking

Error code: 0x80070002

Source: Engine

User: xxxxxxxxx(deleted personal details)

Context Restricted

If I go onto the network connections (through control panel) you can see that it is connected to the router, but there is an X between the router and the internet.

Any ideas?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Thanks squaddie for a quick reply, but I have already been on that page ( I forgot to mention ). I can't see how that has anything to do with the problem I am having ( I admit though, it is the same error message ). Also, the services menu has no 'Automatic Updates' to stop.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEcQFjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.slimwareutilities.com%2Fslimdrivers.php&ei=2GutUKlV08nQBYLTgdAD&usg=AFQjCNH6AW_DIxDeQDCLdec1vV92C8Ivfg

try this, just ignore all the adverts, or tool bar recomerndations etc, just download the program, lets it do its thing and it will locate all missing drivers

i upgraded to windows 8, biggest mistake of my life, so i went back and loaded windows 7. i was missing ethernet, wi-fi drivers the lot. this program fixed every thing and ITS FREE

just delete it from your system when you have finished with it

i was told by AMD that windows regular as clockwork fails to locate the necessary drivers, so unless you have the driver disc, give it a try

it worked for me

Just downloaded that to a flash drive and installed it on the dodgy netbook. Done a scan and it said 'No Updates Found. Your system has the latest stable drivers and updates installed'. I'm not to sure though wether that program searches the net to find updates. If so, it wouldn't be able to do it because it has no internet access.

of course, silly me, you cant connect to the net

have you tried deleting the ethernet , wi-fi etc from device manager, rebooting to see if windows will correct its self

windows will automatacally find new hardware and install the devices back in, what about getting the up to date drivers from the manufacturer, download onto a flash drive from another pc, and load them that way

I'm just a bit worried about downloading the wrong drivers, and it would be too late because the old ones would have been deleted. I would be surprised though if both the ethernet and the WLAN drivers were both faulty. I will try in the morning anyway. If I try and do it now I would mess it up. I'm too tired. lol.

Thanks squaddie, I will let you know how I got on.

Any other possibilities or suggestion will be gratefully accepted also.

99% of the time its down to system files

IMHO i would firstly run chkdsk c: /f /v /r

[dont forget the spaces]

and do it in safemode with cmd prompt only

after rebooting hitting F8

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hmmm

reset internet explorer in internet options

in command prompt do

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

reboot

might sound daft but i take it youve tried a differnt internet browser?

oh and if its a brand name netbook then its likely to have the default drivers stored on the hard drive somewhere...

dell tends to use

c:\dell

advent

c:\applications

etc...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

It's not a driver issue if you can connect to your router.

follow labrat and jolly's advice IMHO

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

can still be

i've known windows update to screw the manu ones

then have to be reinstalled

used to happen all the time on XP

esp with belkin wireless cards for lappies

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tried all the fixes above (in order of post to no avail), and ended up doing system restore from 3 days ago (that's when I thought she had the problem from). That was also the recommended restore point, but the problem was still there. Decided to look further back and noticed a Windows Critical Update from last month. I restored it back to then, and that fixed it. I then spent a couple of hours updating Windows again, and everything is fine now.

I really appreciate everyones input in helping me fix this.

Thanks again guys.:wink:

now find that update in the list of those to be done

right click it

select hide update

then it will never get installed.

found that many times before

dx

and they

I just kept searching for updates and installed all the recommended ones until it says that Windows is fully up to date dx. I did install them a couple at a time however to see if I could pinpoint the problem one. But they all installed fine. I was wondering wether she had maybe took the power out (or lost power) when she was updating herself, and that may have caused the problem. She has got a dodgy power lead and battery.

good spot yes

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Got another laptop to fix. Found 4 infected files/folders and now it is running a lot smoother and quicker. But for some reason I have no internet wirelessly. I can get it using the cable, but not through the wireless router. Although it is successfully connected to the router, there is only Local Access available.

Any ideas?

When I do ' diagnose and repair ' I get this message:-

There may be a problem with your domain server (DNS) configuration.

Windows failed to find the well known host "www.microsoft.com" using DNS. The server may be down.

Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically blah blah blah.

All other laptops are working fine.

He has this Ralink wireless lan thingy on his toolbar. I think that may have something to do with this problem, but I won't uninstall it in case he needs it.

prob been redirected

reset the ip to get it auto

not 127.0.0.0

which the trojan would have changed it to

dx

and they