Global Debt Recovery Ltd and Experto Cliente

Red1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wondered if someone could give me some advice.

I recieved a letter from Global Debt Recovery and saying the client is Experto Cliente. and want an aweful lot of money!

Never heard of Experto Cliente, let alone owe them any money!

If it is a company that has bought a previous debt off of someone else, they have put no details or who they are or anything.

Basically I wondered if Global debt are just jokers or should I address them?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Red

Righteousness & Justice Will

One Day Rule

:p:p:p:p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

If their is no reference to the original creditor, just an amount, then start checking with your credit reference files, Experian and Equifax offer 30 day free trials but please remember to cancel within the 30 days or your card will be charged upto £14.99 per calender month, Noddle is free to sign up to but is the least used of the three credit reference agencies so most likely not fully upto date.

You can also send Global the prove it letter - do not sign, just print your name

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Usual rules apply, do not ring them, if they contact you, refuse to go through any security questions and say "in writing only" an hang up.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman
We are in UK so use £ instead of $

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

:-)Thanks for this

Will send CCA request tomorrow.

Red

The link is not a CCA request, because you said you only got a letter stating the amount and not any creditor so therefore unable to check what this debt is in relation to, it is best to send the prove it letter, that way you will then know what the debt relates to and you can be advised further.

The prove it letter does not require any £1 post order, just a stamp and a proof of postage which is free from over the counter at the post office.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you