georgie_63

Help - Should I Appeal ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I received a letter this morning saying that I am now in the Work Related Activity Group.

For the psst 10 years I've been claiming Incapacity Benefit, and then it changed to ESA. My case came up for review and I had to complete a form about my illness etc again.

I suffer with Pelvic Pain, Depression, Thyroid Problems and Arthritis. I am also taking morphine for my pain along with about 11 other kinds of medication, and this morning my letter said that they've made a decision and I am now in the Work Related Activity Group.

I have never had to appeal before, but does anyone think I have a good enough claim to do so, I would appreciate some advice please.

In order to get into the support group, you need to meet at least one criteria. Do you meet any of the criteria? That's the only way you can appeal - you can't appeal because you don't like the decision.

Hi,

To be honest I don't understand the letter, cause one part of it said I don't qualify for the Limited Capability WRAG, but them over the page it said I'll be reviewed this time next year to see if I still qualify.

So would I be in the Limited Capability wrag or just the wrag ??

there is only one wrag group....tbh it looks like they have just put you into this group...you can appeal, and hope you get into support group, are you on esa income based or contribution? because it makes a difference...if you are on contribution based after a year your money will suddenly stop..plus being in the wrag group means you can be farmed out to welfare2work providers

Hi,

To be honest I don't understand the letter, cause one part of it said I don't qualify for the Limited Capability WRAG, but them over the page it said I'll be reviewed this time next year to see if I still qualify.

So would I be in the Limited Capability wrag or just the wrag ??

There are two relevant ideas here. You can be deemed to have Limited Capability for Work (LCW) or Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA). If you are found to have LCW you will be placed in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG). If you are found to have LCWRA you will be placed in the Support Group (SG).

So what seems to have happened is that you have been found to have LCW but not LCWRA, and so placed in the WRAG. You can appeal this decision, and it may possibly be worth your while to do so. Two main reasons for this:

• While you are in the WRAG, you can be required to participate in work related activity, including some (though not all) aspects of the Work Programme;
  • If your ESA is contribution based (which it may be since you have transferred from Incapacity Benefit) then it will stop after 12 months. This is particularly relevant if you have a partner who works, a pension or other income, or savings over £6000.

To appeal successfully, you would need to demonstrate that you meet one of the SG descriptors. You can find these starting from page 24 of this PDF file.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has given advice, and explained things too.

They don't seem to realise that its peoples lives they are messing with, when they just stop money and then don't bother to explain things.

I just want to wish everyone else good luck with their claims etc. Its lovely and a godsend to be able to have a forum like this to share problems.

Dawn

Xxx