style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2524 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sherforce has levied a debt against my car.I have admitted the debt to sherforce bailiffs,I was terrified when they kocked the door.The debt is from my old workplace stating they overpaid me.I buried my head in sand as was on benefits and now it has escalated to a debt from £1200 to £2997.

I am a single mum who has recently recommenced work literally 4weeks ago,I am in a bit of a state really,not sleeping,etc.

I had to write down to sherforce I would pay them £30pm,I have paid them that today and I rang debtline,however they have told me to park seveal streets away as sherforce likely to seize car,especially as going to submit court forms to pay them directly instead of sherforce.They say sherforce possibly will think they may as well try and get some money back quickly as I am a low wage earner.

Can anybody answer if i put the car in the garage,could sherforce break into my garage to still seize it.Can I refuse to answer door to sherforce if they come again or can they force their way into my home,I have a walking possession order.

Plus is there an approximate time for how long it takes to get to court,basically I have no idea as I am so anxious everything I am doing seems complicated.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anybody answer if i put the car in the garage,could sherforce break into my garage to still seize it.Can I refuse to answer door to sherforce if they come again or can they force their way into my home,I have a walking possession order.

Is your garage attached to your house?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Plus is there an approximate time for how long it takes to get to court,basically I have no idea as I am so anxious everything I am doing seems complicated.any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are you intending going to Court for?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you know about the original CCJ? If so did you defend it? Did you know you owed the monies?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Garage is a stand alone by side of house with a covered bit to keep you dry when going from house to garage.

National debtline advised filling in a form to get the courts to help freeze interest and pay the courts instead of sherforce,not sure if I am correct in my understanding.

Well I would have known if I opened my post but unfortunately I have been burying my headin sand reg debt,so no I did,nt defend it.Sorry I sound like a total wimp.

There are 3 things you need to do in my view.

1 - The first and easiest application to make is for a Variation Order whereby a monthly payment may be agreed between the parties and signed off by the Court. It may be that the Claimant may not agree and that the Court may stipulate what the payment has to be - this could even be larger or smaller than what you suggest so make sure the I&E you would submit backs any payment suggestion up. This is applied for on Form N245 and costs £45, it is a simple enough form to fill in, obtainable from HMCTS website and you need 3 copies - it must be returned to the Court where the CCJ was awarded.. If you are earning little or indeed claiming certain Benefits then you could apply to have the fee waived - see Forms EX160a & c for details.

2 - The 2nd and most important application is for Stay of Execution against the HCEO. This is applied for on Form N244link3.gif and costs £80. If granted it halts all enforcement action & charges. This form needs to be submitted to the High Court or to a county courtlink3.gif which acts as a District Registry. The form for this is a little trickier to fill in but I have a guide that may help if needed.

3 - I would also submit a Subject Access Request to Sherforce as they are well known for front loading all their fees which are more akin to telephone numbers. This will show at what stage they have done this. Cost of this is £10 (best done by Postal Order) and they have 40 days in which to reply. What they send back takes a bit of understanding but is worth it in the end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]