style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an aging debt registered against both me and my partner. Registered in the county court and then via the High Court on a Writ an into the hands of a HCE Group.

We previously entered into arrangement with the HCE Group however this failed.

The bailif has visited our sole trader business looking for payment etc.He has entered the premises and left a TAKE FORMAL NOTICE.

Could you advise on how we can stop action and set up an arranged payment. Can he sieze my partners work tools etc.

Entered in last 24hours, I was not there but partner was (joint debt)

Notice is take formal notice that he has attended with the intention of removing goods, full payment must be made by 26th of November

Action is a joint debt but business is sole trader

So, came to business premises and not home?

What is the debt for? How much? When was judgement? etc etc

Fees being charged to you?

When did arrangement with HCE fail?

You need to flesh it out with a bit of detail here.

Yes partners business premises she is a sole trader, the business premises are naturally open so he was able to walk in.

The debt it an old landlord debt (outstanding rent) back in 2009 possibly 2008. At time there were mitigating factors however at the time we did not challenge them.

I think the High Court Enforcement Group have added as must as £1300 in fee's.

They pursued us at old address and we agreed to £50.00 a month payment however they wrote back accepting then we had a further notification to say they were charging placement fee's etc and it naturally failed (approx 1 year ago).

I am just wondering on the best method to hold matters.

Hi no problems with questions (as im glad on help)

The landlord rental amount was for a private tenancy in 2008/2009 he did obtain a CCJ and then it went through a solicitor and of to the HCEO.

He was in the business for about 10minutes but did not complete a levy well he hasn't handed me anything but the take formal notice letter.

Regards

The great problems with commercial debts that have been through a CCJ is that they are usually classed as Forthwith Judgments - meaning all has to be paid at once. However in this day and age many Judges are being minded to allow for instalments particularly if the alternative may be the closure of business.

With this in mind I would think about making 2 applications to the Courts. The first and easiest application to make is for a Variation Order whereby a monthly payment may be agreed between the parties and signed off by the Court. It may be that the Claimant may not agree and that the Court may stipulate what the payment has to be - this could even be larger or smaller than what you suggest so make sure the I&E you would submit backs any payment suggestion up. This is applied for on Form N245 and costs £45, it is a simple enough form to fill in, obtainable from HMCTS website and you need 3 copies - it must be returned to the Court where the CCJ was awarded.. As you are a sole trader and if you are earning little or indeed claiming certain Benefits then you could apply to have the fee waived - see Forms EX160a & c for details.

The 2nd and most important application is for Stay of Execution against the HCEO. This is applied for on Form N244 and costs £80. If granted it halts all enforcement action & charges. This form needs to be submitted to the High Court or to a County Court which acts as a District Registry. The form for this is a little trickier to fill in but I have a guide that may help if needed.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi thank you if you could let me have the guide that would be great.

Just to confirm the debt was a residential debt it was never a commercial debt. It just happens that he has found my partner at her work address as he currently does not know our home address.

Ploddertom,

As always EXCELLENT advice !!

If the commercial premises consist of a retail store there is always a problem as the High Court Enforcement Officer will assume that all stock is owned by the debtor and will seize the goods regardless. It is best not to mention the type of business on the forum but do make sure that any vehicles are not outside of the premises.

From your post it would seem that you had not received the initial summons. In any event, the forms detailed by Ploddertom need to be filed at court asap.

Please keep us all posted on the progress.

If the form (N244) can not be filed in person at the court it there a way of sending special delivery with a covering letter or is this not sufficient as my nearest district high court is over an hour away with work etc I would not be able to get there till next Wednesday