style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi guys, im new n could rly do with some help!!!

My husband had a £400 court fine which he payed in full on a weekly basis, however 1 weeks payment was late and as such it got passed 2 a bailiff company (Marstons). when it got passed to them my husband owed £80, however they put the debt bk up2 £400!!! he has spoke to the courts and they are happy that his original fine is payed in full. we feel the bailiff charges r unfair and would like to kno if we have to pay the full amount, if anything.

I'd be rly grateful for any information anyone could offer.

Thread moved to the Bailiff forum where the guys will be happy to help as soon as they are available :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Before Marston became involved did he receive a Further Steps Notice from the Court which would have asked him to bring his account up to date - this is a legal requirement. As far as Marstons "charges" are concerned they should have listed them as £85 as an Admin Fee which they add to all accounts + £215 Attendance Fee but only if they actually visited. These fees are those agreed between the Court & Marstons and it would be worth asking where it says you have to pay them.,

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From your post I am assuming that you have now paid the fine in full. Is this correct?

How late was the payment and did he get as ploddertom has asked, get a Further Steps Notice from the court either before or after he made the late payment?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Before Marston became involved did he receive a Further Steps Notice from the Court which would have asked him to bring his account up to date - this is a legal requirement. As far as Marstons "charges" are concerned they should have listed them as £85 as an Admin Fee which they add to all accounts + £215 Attendance Fee but only if they actually visited. These fees are those agreed between the Court & Marstons and it would be worth asking where it says you have to pay them.,

They said they did send one it went to an old address and the bailiff went to an old address too

How late was the payment and did he get as ploddertom has asked, get a Further Steps Notice from the court either before or after he made the late payment?

He never got one but they said they sent it to an old address the court fine has been paid for weeks now

He never got one but they said they sent it to an old address the court fine has been paid for weeks now

Might be worth a call to complain to the court manager, but I feel tomtubby and ploddertom will be back soon with some helpful focused advice, as if it was sent to an old address were the court aware of the new one?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you paid the fine up before Marstons became involved then they should be told to on their bike. The Court are responsible for doing this so should be able to call off the dogs particularly as everything appears to have gone to an old address.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]