Tax credits - when will I hear?

What should I do?
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a similar situation, husband moved back in but as a 'lodger' not as my partner due to circumstances at the time (I had just returned to work following time off for cancer & was grateful for the extra help around the house, he had lost his job so couldn't afford to lodge anywhere else while he paid the mortgage for this house).

I rang & spoke to someone last week who said my case would be passed on to 'collections', I rang again today to ask how long before I hear as I want to sort it ASAP & he was very abrupt saying ti will take as long as it takes & the team with my case will be looking into it in more detail & investigating other things(don't know what?) & maybe going further back than the 2011/2012 stated on my letter.

I told them that I can't prove we were living separately under the same roof so accepted that I will have to pay the money back - now I'm worried they will see that as an admission of guilt.

what will happen from here?

How long before I hear from the team 'investigating'?