What should I do?

Tax credits - when will I hear?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2518 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am in a similar situation, husband moved back in but as a 'lodger' not as my partner due to circumstances at the time (I had just returned to work following time off for cancer & was grateful for the extra help around the house, he had lost his job so couldn't afford to lodge anywhere else while he paid the mortgage for this house).

I rang & spoke to someone last week who said my case would be passed on to 'collections', I rang again today to ask how long before I hear as I want to sort it ASAP & he was very abrupt saying ti will take as long as it takes & the team with my case will be looking into it in more detail & investigating other things(don't know what?) & maybe going further back than the 2011/2012 stated on my letter.

I told them that I can't prove we were living separately under the same roof so accepted that I will have to pay the money back - now I'm worried they will see that as an admission of guilt.

what will happen from here?

How long before I hear from the team 'investigating'?

Hello and welcome to CAG. I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you.

I've started a new thread for you because no two people's problems are the same. This way you and the person whose thread you posted on will get specific advice.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum