MyHermes - Delayed Deliveries and Stolen Parcel. Can I get full costs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going to try and keep a long story short!

Sent 4 parcels with MyHermes on the 9th November. On the 5th working day only one had been delivered (They say all parcels delivered within 3-5days)

After lots of chasing, unhelpfulness and general disinterest, a further two were delivered on day 7. (resulting on me also receiving negative feedback on eBay).

So this leaves me with one parcel missing. After lots more chasing, I have just relieved a call from their customer services to say that they have found the packaging, but the parcel has been "tempered" with and the contents is missing. They suggest that it has been stolen.

When I posted the packages I paid for the maximum compensation they give on the website which is £250. However the item was sold for £297 and the postage cost me £7, giving a grand total of £314.

They have suggested that I could report the crime and potentially claim on my home insurance, however, with excess, I wouldn't retrieve the additional £64 and this would let them get off with paying anything.

Is there anything that anyone knows of that I could use, either wording in a complaint letter etc that could help me retrieve all of my out of pocket expenses?

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Yes you can.

Go through their compensation procedure. Claim for all of your loss which is 297 plus 7.

They will probably only pay 250. Accept that but not as full and final settlement.

Send lba for remainder outstanding.

They will either ignore or refuse.

Issue small claims for remainder.

They will pay as its not worth defending.

That's it.

Yes you can.

Go through their compensation procedure. Claim for all of your loss which is 297 plus 7.

They will probably only pay 250. Accept that but not as full and final settlement.

Send lba for remainder outstanding.

They will either ignore or refuse.

Issue small claims for remainder.

They will pay as its not worth defending.

That's it.

Hi, thank you for your thoughtful reply. Really pleased I can go after them for the remaining balance!

Can I ask, what's an iba?

Thanks again!