style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is a slightly unusual problem i have . i just finsihed replacing the gus of a computer for a friend of mine who is from the old school like me , however he will not accept me doing it as a favour but expects to pay for it , my problem is i feel uncomtable accepting payment because i did it as a favour but he would be upset if i didnt charge him . Any one got any ideas pls

Suggest that instead of paying you, he makes a donation the next time he sees a charity box.

Get him to paint the entire outside of your house in return.:madgrin:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I have this all the time, Fixing and repairing computers for family and friends.

90% of the time its something simple that takes less than an hour to fix and although I say I don't want paying they

all feel like paying something for my time.

I have now just gone simple on them all, straight £10 an hour that I am happy with and they are more than happy to pay.

George

Ask him for a 1 ounce silver coin like this:

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/silver_coins/vienna-philharmonic-1oz-silver-2012.html

It's about £26 so it's fair for both. Plus, everyone should own an ounce of silver.

Edit: if £26 is too much for your friend you can go for a Noah's Ark, 1/4oz Silver, 2012, only £8.24.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"