style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help.

ive had baillfs from rossendales round sayin their gonna take stuff from my house.

i had another letter through the door when I got home from pikin my kids up from skool.and a shady guy in a small van was waiting outside my garden

.i rang the mobile number on the letter as soon as I read it.

he said he was still by my house and asked to come in to talk about it.

he came in,and told me he needed the money in full.£844. Which the actual ct bill was £650.

I said I dont have that kind of money.

he asked me to ring round friends and fam to get it.

i said I dont know anyone with that kind of money to lend.

he said he cant be seen leaving my house without the mobey or the goods.

I said id ring his office to make payment installments.then go to council,and CAB and see what they say.

he said its no good ringin the office as the girls that answer the phones are from the north and they get snotty calls from people like me all day.

he said he would be back in 10 days to collect the money in full or take things from my house.iafter he left,

i rang the office,and he was right...it was a snotty northern woman who said that I had to deal with the bailiff and was no help at all.

i went to the council today but they were shut...im at a loss as to wot to do now and am so scared that if he comes back he will take my stuff :

'( id be so graetful for any help anyone can gice me.many thanks

Edited by mrsnotbailiff

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help.ive had baillfs from rossendales round sayin their gonna take stuff from my house.i had another letter through the door wen I got home from pikin my kids up from skool.and a shady guy in a small van was waiting outside my garden.i rang the mobile number on the letter as soon as I read it.he said he was still by my house and asked to come in to talk about it.he came in,and told me he needed the money in full.£844. Which the actual ct bill was £650. I said I dont have that kind of money.he asked me to ring round friends and fam to get it.i said I dont know anyone with that kind of money to lend.he said he cant be seen leaving my house wivout the mobey or the goods. I said id ring his office to make payment installments.then go to council,and CAB and see what they say.he said its no good ringin the office as the girls that answer the phones are from the north and they get snotty calls from people like me all day.he said he would be back in 10 days to collect the money in full or take things from my house.iafter he left,i rang the office,and he was right...it was a snotty northern woman who said that I had to deal with the bailiff and was no help at all.i went to the council today but they were shut...im at a loss as to wot to do now and am so scared that if he comes back he will take my stuff :'( id be so graetful for any help anyone can gice me.many thanks

You need to start a thread of your own http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168 to receive a targetted response.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You did not have to let him in!!

what had he levy on can you list the goods

as he has had peaceful entry he can not force entry at this point

but it does change things slightly as they will charge a van fee if you default or not on a payment

what arrangements have been made with tossingdales?

Are you working

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi.i dint sign anything,he dint say anything other than he will be back in 10days for full payment.i dont work but hubs does.i thought if I let him in,i could arrange a payment plan with him,but...no.he wont except part payment.im so worried as I cant.gather the money. I did invite him in,whilst hubs was here and I no I shouldnt have but I just wanted to sort it all out :(

if the bailiff has not left any paperwork i will assume he has no levy

if that is the case keep it that way if bailiffs return keep them out

prevent them from getting a levy

I would suggest you start making payments to this debt direct to the council online using correct reference number if you can make payments every week so that a payment history stacks up

Letter says...

I have attended roday wirh rhe intention of removing goods and chattels (whateva they r?!) As are necessary to discharge the above debt and any additional enforcement costs incurred. PLEASE NOTE-no further arrangements are acceptable and payment is now required in full by CLEAR FUNDS ONLY.i will reattend at your address at my convenience and may REMOVE goods even in your absence.should you wish to avoid this course of action,contact me immediatley on the number below to arrange prompt payment of your debt. NO CONTACT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOUR REFUSAL TO PAY.

Letter says...

I have attended roday wirh rhe intention of removing goods and chattels (whateva they r?!) As are necessary to discharge the above debt and any additional enforcement costs incurred. PLEASE NOTE-no further arrangements are acceptable and payment is now required in full by CLEAR FUNDS ONLY.i will reattend at your address at my convenience and may REMOVE goods even in your absence.should you wish to avoid this course of action,contact me immediatley on the number below to arrange prompt payment of your debt. NO CONTACT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOUR REFUSAL TO PAY.

Standard letter

to remove goods in your absence means any items of value outside in your shed car ect

but not from your house unless you go out and leave doors unlocked and windows open

as there is no paperwork for a levy as above start paying council direct

they are relying on fear and intimidation do not give in to them

First DON'T PANIC, Second YOU DON'T HAVE TO LET HIM IN Third bailiffs lie,

Did he leave a list of goods he has seized to "secure" the debt? if so could you list them please, if not he will likely claim a levy when challenged.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

He didnt leave anything.and I didnt sign anything. I want to pay this debt to the council direct,and cut him out coz his 'fees' are massive.my ct debt was origionally £650 but with his fees it has risen to £844. The letter he left before I called him has 2 reference numbers on it...theirs and the councils.do I pay the council online with the councils ref no:?

his fees are wrong they should be £24.50 first visit with no levy

£18.00 second visit with no levy

if he has not left any paperwork and no levy payments direct to council

two bailiff fees can be paid to the council

deny bailiffs a levy nothing they can do

I have just emailed the council about the bailiffs visit,and stated that I will not pay the bailiffs but am prepared to pay the council direct.i have just recieved an email of comformation from the.council and some1 will be intouch with in 5 working days

How do I pay the council?

online,automated phone system

or phone them up/go in to see them to make payments they will say there is nothing we can do you will have to pay the bailiffs or something like that if they do take there name

and be making a formal complaint they can not refuse payment