honeybee13

Revenue protection and Oyster card problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello and welcome to CAG. Sorry to hear about your problems.

I think you should get answers on the transport forum, so I'll move your post to a new thread there and leave you a short term link here. The transport guys should be along later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think the whole thing is an absolute farce. My 15 year old daughter has been threatened with further action because she has not paid a fine which she incurred because she did not realise her Oyster card did not work on a particular section of a route! In addition trying to contact anybody there either by way of e mail or by telephone is totally non productive. Coupled with the fact that they are using premium rate numbers at 10p per minute and the menu is fully automated, try talking to a robot.

Frustration and customer service, or lack of, springs to mind and despite the time and effort involved I will battle on, somebody has to do something about these money grabbing extraction machines that grind people down. Too many of the bigger companies forget about customer care and attention and who actually pays the bills at the end of the day.

Forget about complaints about 'customer service' for a moment and lets see if there is anything that can be done to help

Exactly what is the situation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume your daughter was issued a Penalty Notice and you/she has not paid or appealed in writing?

Frustrating though it might be, those notices do usually have printed on them a requirement to appeal in writing

What was the journey and when?

Hi, many thanks, my daughter was on a train from East Croydon to Brighton, 17th October. She was issued with a penalty notice, not paid, and received a demand notice on 13th November. I have written in appealing as I found the web site so frustrating to use. There is also the question of her being a minor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, many thanks, my daughter was on a train from East Croydon to Brighton, 17th October. She was issued with a penalty notice, not paid, and received a demand notice on 13th November. I have written in appealing as I found the web site so frustrating to use. There is also the question of her being a minor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry this question is necessary, you say she was on a train from East Croydon to Brighton.

Was that also her intended journey, was she actually travelling all the way from East Croydon to Brighton and what tickets did she hold for her journey?

OC, thank you for retrieving the first post on the thread. :) For reasons that elude me, the system put my post here but not the OP's.

Illegitimi non carborundum