dani73

Wonga breached Data Protection Act

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

we have a bit of a problem, we have sent a letter to Wonga three weeks ago trying to pay off our £700 loan over three months due to financial difficulties. After three weeks i get a phone call from my son telling me that they have actually sent a response to our letter to his email. Our account with Wonga has nothing to do with our son at all. My husband and my son have the same first name, but my son also has two middle names which he made known to Wonga when he first took out a loan with them. So just because of the same first name, they automatically assumed that it was my son who sent them the letter.

We have been in contact with Wonga, making clear to them that they have breached the Data Protection Act, which they admitted to. They made us the offer of writing off all interest and £100 off the original debt. We are not satisfied with that and want more. I need to write a letter to them to let them know that the account is now in dispute due to them breaching the DPA. Can anybody give me any advise on how to formulate this letter to them?

Thanks in Advace

Dani