Electronic Arts also STEAM/ will not allow me to resell my PC games.

Mirraluka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to CAG's but not forums! My problem is this I have numerous PC games that are fairly expensive some of my games have to be registered via the internet when loading a new game onto my PC (I Never Play online games MMO's) you have to put in the CD key code,once you have done this with Electronic Arts and STEAM, then i can never resell my PC game because it is registered to me,so when i have played my games and they become useless to me, in the past up to 1 year ago i sold my used games on Ebay no problem,Now both company's named above have stopped people reselling their games,i find this totally unfair because these games are my property purchased from the High street and via the internet as well,there is lots of legal jargon in the Terms and conditions but that doe's not help me,i have been intouch with Watchdog and i have had no reply this was 3 months ago,i am 65 years old and these people are treating me unfairly because you can resell other Console cd's and purchase these games in the High street store GAME,now game is a great company i have been with them for over 10 years,i have been in contact with Electronic Arts also STEAM but the replies are the same i cannot resell my games if i do i am breaking my Terms and Conditions, also both companys will not let the second hand purchaser register that game, so once again they have closed of the second hand markey for PC games registered to Electronic Arts also STEAM.

Has anybody got any answers to this country wide issue..Please do not suggest court action i do not have the money thats why i contacted Watchdog and they have ignored me.:mad2:

I can't recall the specifics, but I do recall hearing about the EU ruling in July that systems like Steam had to provide a way for users to re-sell their licenses.

I can't link to the websites at the moment as I'm at work and they're gaming websites, but just put this into Google, 'EU forces steam to allow re-sale', and you'll see a few articles about the ruling. It may not have taken effect yet though.

Thank you very much Maxxpower for this helpfull information i would hope,its a real chronic situation not being able to sell your unwanted games we are in the millions PC gamers and this situation should not be able to stand.i will get back to this post when or if i find any usefull information.

Kind Regards.

Mirraluka.

• 2 weeks later...

Even before the EU ruling I seem to recall there being a way to get Valve (owners and operators of Steam) to disassociate the game from you but you had to send off the DVD to the States which is of course not possible with downloaded titles.

EA, Warner Brothers, Ubisoft, MS and others do a similar thing with the console games, for example with Mortal Kombat and Tiger Woods' PGA Tour you get a pass code to enable online play but this registers against your online profile, if you sell the titles on the next person has to pay for the feature.

The argument they give is that they are trying to recover the development costs and costs of running the servers and other backend infrastructure.