Esa tribunal and worried - ** PUT IN THE SUPPORT GROUP **

anna15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks ana my dla stopped cos it was due for renewal (dont know if thats right word) but hopefully i will win monday and it should be grounds for dla appeal lots of stuff assessor said was wrong eg he left out arthritus and degenerative bone changes in my r ankle and gave me 0 points for mobility as my upper body can mobilise wheelchair? this is my big argument i got 6 points for not going out alone to new places & 6 for sitting/standing for long periods but 0 for ankle injury and 0 for epilepsy that caused injury in first place maybe if i was a drug/alky i would have passed*.

**no offence meant to anyone**

Ahhh i understand why it stopped new if it was due for renewal, yes thats good if you get your esa as it will help dla. Have you looked over the descriptors in detail? When i looked through them there was a few things that i got points for at tribunal but not medical.

Its easy to feel angry when we see others getting esa when we get put through this rubbish and i for 1 welcome the government making people go to rehab to try and help themselves. You haven't said anything Prob most of us has already thought about. X

thanks ana my dla stopped cos it was due for renewal (dont know if thats right word) but hopefully i will win monday and it should be grounds for dla appeal lots of stuff assessor said was wrong eg he left out arthritus and degenerative bone changes in my r ankle and gave me 0 points for mobility as my upper body can mobilise wheelchair? this is my big argument i got 6 points for not going out alone to new places & 6 for sitting/standing for long periods but 0 for ankle injury and 0 for epilepsy that caused injury in first place maybe if i was a drug/alky i would have passed*.

**no offence meant to anyone**

gave me 0 points for mobility as my upper body can mobilise wheelchair?

If it applies, you may want to argue the issues you'd have using a wheelchair. For example, do you have other disabilities which makes using a wheelchair difficult? Including things like if you can't sit long enough to propel your chair 200 meters, etc.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself at the moment. I am scared to think i might win in case it backfires on me, and i'm scared i wont win cos i wont know what to do. I think i'm more scared of panel than anything it doesn't help that tribunal held in crown court either i feel like i'm doing something wrong and bad fighting for this.

You are doing nothing wrong, the system in certain parts is wrong. People are being put through this and its not fair. Remember there are nice panel members too and you are fighting for what you deserve.

They will just go over your application form and ask things and examples from there. You going alone? Do u have medical evidence?

my husband is coming i've already sent in gp report and consultant letter so i dont really know what else i can do (count new grey hair i've got ha ha) oh well it'll be over soon. but what happens if i dont win do i appeal again or is this it?

:Hello anna15:

Congrats on holding it together and getting your appeal upheld. :bounce:

To answer your questions:

As you've been placed in the support group points are irrelevant. The panel decided, from your evidence, that you satisfied at least one of the support group descriptors. If you were handed a short decision notice on the day it should say which one(s).

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed payment of the support component and arrears. Jobcentreplus receive their copy of a tribunal decision notice at the same time as the appellant and their target time to process it, is six weeks. Cos of their backlogs, many successful appellants are waiting weeks, if not months, longer. You may be lucky but I wouldn't rely on the arrears for buying Christmas pressies.

Sincerely, Margaret.

It took a good nine weeks to get my payment of arrears, and that was with me badgering them every week for them.

I've heard a few have had problems with renewing DLA lately, and was real concerned as have just had to do mine. Was expecting it to not go well too, but they renewed my higher rate mobility, and gave me the care component too for the first time ever.

I included a ton of medical info and my tribunal win letter which showed my support group status. I think it must have helped as have never been awarded care component before.

Also expected them to only renew for a year as per usual, but they renewed until 2015. Hoping my experience with DLA might help put others waiting to renew at rest a bit.

jackiemdmc,

Good luck for tomorrow please let us know how you get on. It will all be over tomorrow. I think if you fail you can reapply for esa again if its been 6 months or more since failed medical. Not 100% on that but hopefully someone can confirm this. As i said before dont hold back and remember they want to know how your disability affects you.

Hi nystagmite. I knew they wanted to know how i reacted with others but was a little taken aback when the gp said " do myself and the lawyer scare you are you scared of us".

Liverbird, well done on your success with both esa and dla. I get LRC and LRM and am in process of appealing the care element. Tribunal should be in around 6-8 weeks for that. I was awarded it from apr 12- apr14. I wasnt sure wether to send my esa papers to them just now or wait to tribunal or how much of an impact this would have on my decision either.

QUOTE=liverbird37;4071747]It took a good nine weeks to get my payment of arrears, and that was with me badgering them every week for them.

I've heard a few have had problems with renewing DLA lately, and was real concerned as have just had to do mine. Was expecting it to not go well too, but they renewed my higher rate mobility, and gave me the care component too for the first time ever.

I included a ton of medical info and my tribunal win letter which showed my support group status. I think it must have helped as have never been awarded care component before.

Also expected them to only renew for a year as per usual, but they renewed until 2015. Hoping my experience with DLA might help put others waiting to renew at rest a bit.

Hi all, well i'm back from the tribunal and ..........i still don't know apparently the judge decided i will know the decision by the end of the week by letter they did that with others who were before me. I really hoped i'd know today but more sleepless nights ahead has this happened to anyone else? or is it a bad sign?

Hi Jackiemdmc,

Don't see this as a bad thing. I have read of this being done before and people have still won their appeals. It is a shame you didnt get told today though. We wait that long for these appeals so want to know there & then. Try and stay positive if you can as you haven't been told otherwise. Fingers crossed. How did you feel you got on?

Hi all, well i'm back from the tribunal and ..........i still don't know apparently the judge decided i will know the decision by the end of the week by letter they did that with others who were before me. I really hoped i'd know today but more sleepless nights ahead has this happened to anyone else? or is it a bad sign?

I couldn't really say one way or other there was only the judge (woman) seemed very nice and a dr (man) who kept asking me about walking going out etc. Nobody turned up from dwp so am hopeful. Really just wish i'd found out though. I did the statement from sticky they seemed to agree on some points but really gave me no clues. They couldn't believe i dont go out which is true i dont and kept going on about using crutches etc when walking but i'm glad its over and now to stalk the postman ha ha.

Oh i really hope you have won and i have read that people only wait a day or 2 when getting decision by post. It sounds like they were nice though which is good. I wonder how often DWP actually attend these tribunals. I received my papers today and for some reason felt very emotional although i already knew my decision.

Cant wait to hear how you get on :-)

Did DWP attend yours? I should definetly know this week clerk said the decision would be made and posted last night. I'm hopeful but you just never know. At least I know what the crown court looks like now. (wouldnt like to be there for any other reason though.)

No they weren't at mine either. There was only dr, judge and court clerk. I have been to 2 separate high courts this year (witness) and i was more scared by my appeal one probably because i knew this was about me. Well you will get your papers Prob tomorrow or thurs then :-)

Hi,

I didnt want to start a new thread as my issues are sort of related. I am needing advice again though. I am on LRC and LRM and have been since feb this yr. i am appealing the care side only. I will have tribunal about this very soon. Today i got a letter from my rep saying they noticed i handed given medical evidence so to try and get some. On the bottom of the letter it says not to forward medical evidence onto tribunal but hold onto it until tribunal date along with any other evidence. Is it not best to forward what i have incase i don't need to go to tribunal and will my esa appeal papers help as i was last week put into support group??

Thanks

I can only give you my opinion, anna15, but I would send in my medical supporting evidence to the Tribunal as and when it's available. If I was the tribunal, I'd be somewhat peeved if evidence was presented on the day that could have been sent earlier.

With regard to an earlier point, I'd be surprised if the DWP attended any ESA tribunal.

Thank you, to be fair i had the same letter for my esa appeal and i felt it was silly to wait because i could maybe show something that made them decide not to take it to tribunal. I think i will just send it off.