mbna Loan Can anyone Help?

brian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a loan with MBNA last year in August, was told that it was interest free for 3 months, told them this was great as we would more than likly repay the loan with interest was due to be charged on the account. when paperwork arrived it had stamped all over it that i should send all copies back to them, they have not yet sent me any copies for my files, was also told that interest rate was to be 9.9% but going by the figures that i have paid so far it is nearly 16%

borrowed £14,000 have already paid them £15,700 and now they want another £3,000 needless to say i am fighting this can anyone help with this, have written to mbna 4 times but not getting very far they never answer any queries have asked for a copy of loan agreement every time i have written to them but it never arrives

• 2 weeks later...

have written to mbna asking for details on this loan including how interest is being charged any details of charges ect being added to the account was told that it is not possible for them to give me these figures. and that they now want me to pay them £130.00 per month starting in april until december 2008 letter came from a Stuart Johnson Customer Advocate Office Manager he also said that they would send me a copy of the orginal loan agreement that 2 weeks ago but this has still not arrived. and told me to contact lisa Rowlands if i had any queries which i have tried to do on 0845 6015503 ex 73020 but when i ring this number it does not exsist and tells me to ring 0800 551 441. tried the 0800 number but after waiting in a queue for about 20 minutes i was told that they do not know whom lisa rowlands or stuart Johnson are and that the extention number does not excist. also went to citizens advice to see if they can help me but all they are willing to do is write and ask for a copy of the orginal contract which was returned to them last year when the loan was taken out, i would hasten to add that i have requested a copy of this contract 5 times already and keep being told that it has been ordered but it never ever arrives this has now been going on since early January 2006 I am now getting harrassing telephone calls from global in india saying that i am in arrears with the loan, i would like to know how they work this one out as i have sent them a cheque last month for over £14,000 any body got any suggestions as this is driving me up the wall

does anybody think this letter is ok if so i will send this to Micheal rhodes

Dear Mr Rhodes

Thank you for your collegues Mr Stuart Johnsons letter Date March 30th 2006, There are a number of points that I would like to raise in connection with this letter. I would dispute that a satisfactory conclusion has been reach yet, As of today’s date I have still not received a copy of the agreement despite my having requested this 5 times in the past. I now want to raise a formal complaint against your company on the handling of my account with immediate effect and would request that you send me the relevant forms procedure on how to do this. With a view to forwarding this complaint on through the financial Ombudsman.

1. In your letter you state that I did not tell you that the account would be settled early, I would like to know how you have arrived at this when you were not party to the telephone conversation that took place with my self and your telephone agent, when this was made quiet clear, with a comment from me that as this was interest free for the first few months we would more than likely be repaying the account before any interest would be charged, as we were in the process of selling a property that we had inherited.

2. My letter of 4th March 2006 stated quite clearly that I have a dispute with MBNA over the Settlement figure on the account, I have not at anytime discussed with Claire Littler the settlement figure on the account, only the amount that I had sent to you in February when you say that you did not receive the cheque.

3. I was originally verbally told that the Interest rate on the account was to be 9.9% I was not at anytime told that the rate was to be 14.9%, When I received the original paper work I had been told that I needed to return all of the paperwork to you which I did, there was no copy for my records When I requested the Loan I requested it to be over a two year period but always knew it would be paid up early.

4. If when I sent you the original cheque in January if you had applied it to the account, this would also have saved a lot of hassle. I do not agree to pay you a further £130.56 per month, and will not pay anymore money to you until a settlement has been reach.

5. I am now receiving telephone call from global on behalf of MBNA saying that I am in arrears with this account, these telephone calls are averaging out at 3 or 4 per day whilst I am at work, I will be logging the date and time of the calls and will view this as harassment. As I am not in arrears on the account on the contrary I am in advance by 24 months

6. I would also like to see a formal breakdown of what has been charged to the account and what they are for. This should be carried out and sent to me within the next 7 days or I will have no alternative other than to raise this with the financial Ombudsman as a formal complaint

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks