style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After I lost my job, all of my bills and debts went unpaid, I was evicted from my home in October 2011.

I have since started work as a temp with an agency (self employed) and have a fairly erratic income which is less than half my previous salary and I am just living week to week.

I do not have a fixed address of my own anymore so am staying in the cheapest places (or free when available, ie friends)

but of course in order to maintain a bank account and my driving licence I need a postal address,

a friend allows me to use his address where I pick up any mail and check my emails and stuff.

He received a personal visit from someone from HCE Group who was attending to remove my goods,

when he was told that I don't live there he demanded to see some ID from my friend to ensure he wasn't me.

He left a letter for me stating that they will return to remove my goods with or without my presence,

but of course I have no goods there, in fact, prior to being evicted,

I sold most of what I owned just to get by, the kind of things I do have are an Android mobile phone and laptop, both of which I need for work, and of course my clothes.

What can I do about this problem?

Can they really enter his address and take items?

The debt they are chasing was originally for £3200, they are now demanding £9703.49.

They are by no means the only outstanding debt, but I feel that I have no way to make any kind of offer to make payment, especially for an ever increasing amount.

What would happen if I said to them that I could make a payment of £10 per week (for example),

then another debt agency turns up and makes demands, or work becomes infrequent

and my income drops below even being able to cope with my current bills as it has done numerous times this year as work gets light?

As I am self employed (sole trader) as an agency worker,

I have a separate bank account (Business) for the money I have to set aside for the HMRC at the end of the year,

can they demand that money in some form of part payment towards the debt?

Can a court demand that money?

If so what legal implications would that have on me with regards to the HMRC?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give,

Colin.

They cannot take goods that do not belong to you

What is the debt is there a CCJ on it?if so did you recive any court paperwork to defend it?

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

The debt is for a boiler purchase and installation/relocation.

No court paperwork was ever received at either address, but I did receive notification of the CCJ before I was evicted. I cannot say what post may have arrived at my previous address since I left.

ok if you never got the paperwork to defend the CCJ you MAY be able to get the judgment set aside others will know more

other than that contact the court and see if you can make arrangements to pay at affordable ammounts

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

issue resolved

thread active.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets