osdset

Pensioners must pay for their own retirement, says Reform

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Giving free TV licences and winter fuel allowances to all elderly people is "poor value for money" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9691031/Pensioners-must-pay-for-their-own-retirement-says-Reform.html

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yes and like many others I worked for a private pension and now find that I am worse off than another member of my family who did not. He gets full rent and council tax benefit I have to pay both and end up £5 a week better off so can you tell me what I worked for all those years.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

There may be some truth in what they suggest. If however they want people to save more they need to reverse the damage done to pensions by the previous government. As for buying property,that may be ok for torygraph readers but us mere mortals do not have the money.