estellyn

More bad news in the future for 18-21 year olds

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

He mentions education - not everyone wants to (or indeed, needs to) go to university. Depending on what you're planning on doing as a career, an apprenticeship might be better.

Where are all these jobs? People with years of experience can't find jobs; so what hope does a school leaver have?

More workfare by the back door IMHO.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

yep just gonna be more cheap labour for companies to exploit whilst giving very little in return....

Who's paying to feed & house all these 18 yr olds when they go earning 100 quid a week on apprenticeships then?

I'll probably be frowned upon for this but my 17 yr old is currently in second year of 6th form, but next year will possibly be going on a 'school connected' apprenticeship. Which I thank him up there for, because it means I can still claim working tax credits for him & CSA, much to his dads annoyance.

I remember my mum who was also single pushing me to go to college & my remarried dad wanting me to go out to work arguing about it at the time, I went to college in the end. But I can see what my mum was worried about now.

It's easy for the Vince Cables of the world to be able to support their teens through apprenticeships which guarantee no work at the end.

more lies from a corrupt goverment, have they never heard of the saying 'what comes around, goes around'? they're treating the poor bad now but believe me it'll come back to bite them and i wouldn't like to be IDS when it does haha :lol:

more lies from a corrupt goverment, have they never heard of the saying 'what comes around, goes around'? they're treating the poor bad now but believe me it'll come back to bite them and i wouldn't like to be IDS when it does haha :lol:

I doubt if a Labour or any other government would be any different

I doubt if a Labour or any other government would be any different

Yes, our current political system is not fit for purpose.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yes, our current political system is not fit for purpose.

Pity we can't nail them under Sale of Goods Act! :lol:

Pity we can't nail them under Sale of Goods Act! :lol:

Funny, funny Surfer :lol:

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I'm amazes anyone votes anymore.

What real choice do you have?

It's either the reds or the blues. And the party with the most money wins.