craig73

Britannia mortgage charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2453 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I had a Britannia mortgage in 2005-2007 which I go into difficulty with.

I had a lot of charges added ie: £35 for a letter/missed payment etc

Is it still possible to claim them back?

Thanks

Bigboj

yes and here is the letter to do it

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Hi Craig73,

I have a thread in the 'mortgage' forum (see here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?365249-SAR-response-from-Britannia-BS )

I have had my SAR details and am just waiting for the abbreviations/codes to be sent (hopefully soon) and then I will be making a claim for all the 'unfair' charges

At the moment i can go back to 1984 with the SAR response.

I would suggest sending a SAR request (+ 10 GBP to cover the cost) to BBS in LEEK and then going through and compiling your spreadsheet to claim the monies back.

There is a good 'sticky' in the 'mortgage' section that will give information on what you can/cannot claim back.

Happy hunting/claiming

G

And don't forget the 8% interest that a court would allow. :-D

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I made my claim through the FOS who said the charges were fair and a reasonable estimate.

I don't think I will use fos.

just waiting for the sar now.

Also I can't see how they can say £35 for a missed payment and £25 for a letter is a fair estimate

Bigboj

I made my claim through the FOS who said the charges were fair and a reasonable estimate.

Thats the FOS for you :!:

;)

Hi all

Can you still claim these unfair charges if court action was taken to recover the arrears ?

Thanks

Bigboj

Hi all

Can you still claim these unfair charges if court action was taken to recover the arrears ?

Thanks

Simple answer is yes because at the time you did not realise they were a penalty.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks ims

I know I can claim arrears charges and returned dd payments.

Is there anything else I shud be claiming for

Thanks

Bigboj

Thanks ims

I know I can claim arrears charges and returned dd payments.

Is there anything else I shud be claiming for

Thanks

Telephone calls, collection fee, letters etc. Anything that is a penalty and does not reflect a fair pre-estimate of costs involved.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

hi all

i had my final responce from britannia and they say all charges are fair and in line with the t&c when i took the morgage out

also has any one accually managed to reclaim any unfair mortgage charges back IE: arrears fees and returned direct debit charges i cant seem to find any threads with any one who has been successful.

many thanks

Bigboj

hi all

i had my final responce from britannia and they say all charges are fair and in line with the t&c when i took the morgage out

also has any one accually managed to reclaim any unfair mortgage charges back IE: arrears fees and returned direct debit charges i cant seem to find any threads with any one who has been successful.

many thanks

The file below is a FSA fine placed on another lender part of which was due to excessive charges. Quote it when you write back

Page 4 part 2.6 (3) and (4)

[ATTACH]41002[/ATTACH]

;)