rosty

council tax & baliffs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi C,A,G ers Hope some one can help

I have been trying to apply for council tax&housing benefit for about a year

this was has been draw out as my twins now nearly 3 were born prem with complications abroard

& we have only just got in to the system,

Being British from birth myself this has been a joke!

The council informed me that they were taking me to court in August,& there was no point in going as I would not get a say!

I had a job interview booked on this day as well,so I was unable to attend as I needed the work,

The council were still asking for info at this time

they sent me a summons which I did not understand

and I had not heard from them & had to enquire as to the out come of the court date,

they sent me a means form which I filled in & made them a payment & now with out warning

the baliffs have sent me a letter

what can I do as I cant pay the back dated or the advanced council tax bill??

We need more information here. It sounds to me like you have applied for CTB (Council Tax Benefit) but because it has not yet been awarded the council has chosen to take action against you for non-payment of your council tax. They've told you there was no point in attending court as you would not get a say - why on earth would anyone say something so obviously untrue? Are you sure you understood this correctly?

Could you elaborate on your HB/CTB claims? Why has it taken a year to process?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Yes i asked them twice & got the same answer off two advisers, that if I went to court I would just be asked to fill in a means for & that was that.

Right, well that's not good advice you received - a "means form" (I'm guessing they meant something along the lines of a statement of your income and expenditure) might well help you in court, and the council should not discourage you from defending yourself in court.

But there's still more missing from this picture. Could you explain more about how this situation arose? There are people here who can help with bailiff issues, but from a benefits point of view, I'm curious as to why it took a year to process a CTB claim. Or was your claim declined? If you've been refused CTB, what reason have you been given?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

rosty, I would suggest you post here regarding the benefits situation and for advice about that issue only.

As for the bailiffs, CAG has an excellent bailiff advice forum which you can find HERE. Post there for bailiff only advice. There are many things you can do and would do well to know about bailiff action, that forum will help you. I used to advise there regarding vulnerable people and can testify to the quality of advice. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll try and look out for any thread you start there.

as it stands

the bailiff has not attended so no fees

ring the council and tell them the ball is in their court

could they please ensure the bailiff knows this

and why did they send them when it is not your fault!!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets