adelacathcart

PPI advice please! Capital One, M&S, HSBC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2524 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have never used a forum before so please be patient!

I'm getting a bit muddled regarding PPI claims.

I have read that you should 'do it yourself' but am not convinced that I'm proceeding correctly.

I am using the Ombudsman's Consumer Questionnaire and actually completed one for Capital One and sent it off yesterday but

having today looked at your forum, I'm not sure if I've done it correctly.

Part of my problem is that for both M&S and Capital One I cannot remember how I registered for PPI.

I know that I felt that if I didn't it would affect my acceptance, but I cannot be more specific.

Because I've always been a struggling financially I may have ticked a box to ensure I got credit!

I was, however, covered for sickness from my employer throughout the period of all my PPIs and no-one ever asked me that.

I don't remember if I ticked any boxes or spoke on the phone as it was so long ago!

Should I do a SAR thingy before I go any further with my other claims? If so, where can I find a template letter?

The claim for Cap One has already gone, but I enclosed a copy of my Employer's Cover and a couple of statements showing overcharges for late payments and PPI amounts.

I don't want to go any further with other claims until I'm sure of my ground.

I was told this was easy but it seems it may be a long fight!

I should have asked someone to go over my form but didn't know who to approach!

HSBC should hopefully not prove to be such a problem as I distinctly remember being told that in order to take out a loan I had to have PPI.

This happened repeatedly until, in 2005 for my last loan,

I refused it and was asked to prove that I had Employer's Cover - I still have the fax, dated, that I took to the bank to show them!

Still - it's their word against mine isn't it?

Thank you and sorry to ramble (I'm decidedly too ancient for this!)

not in the least

you've gotta start somewhere.

ideally you should sent an sar first [hold and click the underlined black SAR]

i'd start a new thread for each reclaim

and dont forget PENALTY charges are a sep claim too.

see what cap1 do with the info you have sent for now.

the others you need to await the SAR and moved fwd then.

plenty to read in my links below.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you so so much for your advice! I know how to go forward now. I'm going to start a new thread about HSBC as I've got a new question - Questions, questions, questions!!! I will send the SAR for M&S today and report back.

Right! SAR letters are now off to HSBC Gold Card, Capital One (despite the fact that I've already sent a claim form - they also mega-overcharged me) and M&S. Will report back when I hear anything!Thanks again!