Handing in notice whilst signed off sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I really need some advice.

I am currently signed off sick for depression after leaving a very emotionally abusive 2 and a half year relationship. I also have other issues involved but basically i am off for depression and anxiety issues. The company i work for is a car insurance/breakdown firm, therefore the private sector.

I was signed off from 5th November, and at this time and off until 27th November, but my GP is expecting i will need more time.

My issue is that i only changed jobs from working in London as my partner said it would be best for me to, i never should have left there and am now stuck with a job i do not like or want and SSP, which i know is completely in their rights to pay me.

I have unfortunately exceeded the companies 8 days sick leave this past year period due to a weeks flu i had off earlier in the year and 1 other instance.

What are my rights in terms of a notice period and any remaining holiday?

I honestly want to just get away from the situation and job and get myself healthy again. Work keep phoning me on a daily basis to "check up on me" and now want to send a Welfare Officer over.

I honestly feel so pressured as i have my manager phoning me daily, then texts from my line manager asking me intrusive questions. I have sent them the signed Drs note and have kept communication lines open so they know what is going on.

I just feel like the way they are being is a bit much and really i dont want the job anyway but an concerned for any future jobs i go for back in London.

The company does not give references, just the usual "employee worked here between date and date".

Really unsure what to do and i feel more stressed out by the whole situation.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

IVA agreed January 2011.

Debt: £12,340.06

IVA: £7440.60

Paid to date: £1,240.10

To go: £6,200.50

2 PPI claims in progress, both Natwest.

Hi Allan,

Sounds like you are going through a very rough time. I know what it is like to live with depression and can sympathise.

The first and most important suggestion I would give is for you to put your health first. No job is worth making yourself ill over.

The daily phone calls are way over the top and completely unnecessary, although they are entitled to send a welfare officer to your home.

I am not legally qualified, but suggest you could speak to your line manager about your desire to leave the job. If you really are not interested in returning to work and it is causing you so much stress a compromise agreement might be something worth considering.

How long have you been with this employer and what is your required notice period?

DJ

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I have been with them for 9 months now, so not that long. Notice is 1 month.

Ideally i would like to just end my employment as luckily i have a some money to cover my IVA and other bills for a few months. I guess i shoudl speak to my line manager about it first.

Thank you

IVA agreed January 2011.

Debt: £12,340.06

IVA: £7440.60

Paid to date: £1,240.10

To go: £6,200.50

2 PPI claims in progress, both Natwest.

Why not speak to the Welfare Officer when they arrive. Explain that you believe your current situation is caused by the job and the actions of senior members of staff have made it worse.

The WO may well be able to help you out of the employment sooner, rather than later.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D