private ticket..NATIONAL CLAMPS, ANPR.LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi Guy

im after a little advice here

i currently rent a apartment and have been there for 3 years, you get an Aloted space with your apartment

the carpark is private and you need a buzZer to open the electric gate

i received a letter from the building management company(TOWN AND CITY MANAGEMENT LTD) containing a parking badge that i must display or i will be ticketed or clamped

now i got this letter on saturday , i have been in bed unable to move for 4 days due to the norovirus.so today i went to the car and see a ticket on the screen

i looked back at the letter and it stated there would be a site visit on sunday to check permits

obviously im not happy about this £50 fee (£100 in 14days) and there is an appeal address at the bottom

could some one help me right a letter to this company to get the ticket stopped

the parking ticket does not look like anything ive seen before, i could of make it

i will scan and upload it tomorrow if it helps

thanks

if its mentioned that you get a parking space on your flat/house agreement etc

then the ticket are just 'speculative invoices'

as its private property any how

so safe to ignore

pers i'd write and complain to the BMC

pointing out they will be responsible for any 'loss' to you

should your car be clamped etc.

also point out that private parking companies have NO legal rights to do anything to you.

ask if they are members of the BPA etc too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Under the new rules, they are not allowed to clamp so the threatening letter is illegal as they have had plenty of time to adjust any wording. If I knew where to report it, I would advise that organisation just to drop the PPC in the proverbial ....

WARNING NOTICE TO DRIVER

We ANPR LTD have attached a parking charge notice to your vehicle for the reason given above and we have taken a photo of the incident. We are employed to prevent such incidents, so this has caused us to breach our contract with the proprietor of the land.

as stated on the warning sign, we now have the right to seek £100

compensation ("liquidated damages") plus debt recovery costs from you via the registered keeper

If we receive your payment of £50 within 14 days from the date and time of the event, we will remove your details from our database and close the incident

WHAT WE WILL DO IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE PAYMENT

after 14days we will ask the DVLA To give us the registered keepers address details because we will have reasonable cause to obtain them. we will then send an invoice for £100

as no early payment discount will be possible, ignoring the invoice and

out letters will add to the cost. if the amount is unpaid 6 weeks from the date and time of the incident, we may tow and impound the vehicle even if it has a valid permit.

we follow up all cases using a registered debt collection agency or a county court summons (or both).

60 days after receiving payment we will destroy the vehicle details,

Photographs and method of payment so we cannot put right

Any mistake with a refund

HOW TO PAY OR MAKE APPEAL

Visit CARFINESDOTCOM and enter the vehicle registration mark or ref number. if the details are correct you can be sure that the website is genuine and secure. please enter card details carefully as mistakes can suspend your card from further use.

A payment line is available on 01772 882 999 but this will not handle appeals which should be made in writing

THE APPEALS AND PAYMENT DEPARTMENT

ANPR LTD

BOX ONE

PRESTON

PR2 0NF

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Denby you can safely ignore as they cannot tow or impound as that is now illegal and it is a threatening letter. Note they refer to an invoice. As you have permission from the management company to park on the land, how can they suffer liquidate damages? They are talking through their rear end and will never go near a court on this one.

only think that makes me wonder is the fact that the building management company sent me a letter telling me what was going on and sent me the pass

surely still doesn't make it legal?

thanks for your replies

only think that makes me wonder is the fact that the building management company sent me a letter telling me what was going on and sent me the pass

surely still doesn't make it legal?

thanks for your replies

Nope that does not make it legal. You have nothing to worry about and can ignore all their threatening letters. Surely it would have been cheaper for the management company to have card controlled barriers than a PPC, however if we look at the parking Eye vs Somerfields where Parking Eye offered their services free of charge, it makes sense?

I am sure that you can go to the management company and ask for a copy of the PPC contract as you wish to defend the invoice that you were given. That will put the cat among the pigeons!

"We are employed to prevent such incidents, so this has caused us to breach our contract with the proprietor of the land. as stated on the warning sign, we now have the right to seek £100 compensation ("liquidated damages") plus debt recovery costs from you via the registered keeper" Clueless comedians. You have the right to peaceful enjoyment of your space, tell the Management Company where to go. And pursue this with the DVLA.

60 days after receiving payment we will destroy the vehicle details,

Photographs and method of payment so we cannot put right

Any mistake with a refund

They might well fall foul of the DPA if they do this as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This company is owned by Trevor Whitehouse who did try and set up a rival organization to the BPA. Nothing came of it.

He also tried to claim £4 million from the government for "loss of business" due to the clamping ban:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1347597/Clamping-bosss-4m-payout-bid-Government-claiming-new-anti-cowboy-rules-ruin-business.html

His company is registered in the British Virgin Isles tax haven