Complaining to the FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couldn't really think of an appropriate title, but, I'm after some more advice from you fine people.

Basically, I'm about to make a complaint about a PDL to the FOS. The complaint will involve 2 accounts so I was wondering if it would be acceptable to make one complaint per account or should it just be one,covering the 2 accounts?

Thanks - Lee.

Lee,

Not sure if the same applies to PDL's as banks, but I lodged 2 complaints against HBOS on both a Bank Account and Credit Card. Both were acknowledged separately but a letter followed a week later confirming they were being merged into a single complaint.

Good luck with FOS.

Lee,

Not sure if the same applies to PDL's as banks, but I lodged 2 complaints against HBOS on both a Bank Account and Credit Card. Both were acknowledged separately but a letter followed a week later confirming they were being merged into a single complaint.

Good luck with FOS.

Thanks Toptrapper.

I'll send them in as 2 seperate complaints and I'm sure they'll merge them :)

• 1 month later...

So I've not yet complained as I thought I would wait and see how long they took to reply and as yet still no reply.

However, my wife did get an email today from Credit Resource Solutions Ltd claiming that they are acting for Lending Stream and and that they are adding interest. This seems unfair as they are the ones ignoring me.

Has anyone dealt with this company before and is sending this information by email good enough in regards to data protection as they themselves wrote on the email 'Not you? Send us a quick email to let us know' - surely that's admitting the email isn't a secure method of delivery.

Thanks - Lee.

The DCA cant add interest if they dont own the debt. They are acting on behalf of a creditor so only the creditor can add extra interest.

As for the email, it might be best to give the ICO a heads up. They cant write out a full letter with personal details, then put in small print at the bottom "not you? blah blah". Although if you have used that email to sign up for the service and have answered their queries on it before, they can consider it the most current form of contact information.

Also, you are well within your rights to ask for written correspondence only via royal mail. Although a lot of lenders are solely web based to keep their costs right down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Banks for the reply renegadeimp.

Yeah - it just seems a little silly to say 'if this isn't you' etc and then divulge loads of info in the email. They've ready aknowledged it might not be secure.

As for adding the interest it seems a little unfair to be able to ignore our many attempts to come to some sort of agreement whilst adding the interest.

It is unfair. There is guidance from the OFT that states they shouldnt do it. While its not a legal requirement, it is part of the guidance used to give them their credit licence.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consultations/OFT664Rev_Debt_collection_g1.pdf

Have a read of that. It's a little long, but if you feel that the lender has gone against any of the guidance, write out a formal complaint, and also copy in the OFT. The OFT wont usually give you a personal response unless they find the lender has been seriously misleading people. But your complaint will be added to the many others that are used to decide whether a lender gets their licence renewed, or when the OFT needs to add restrictions to the lenders credit licence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks - I'll take a look at the link later. I've already made a formal complaint to Lending Stream regarding them ignoring me.

Would I have to make a seperate complaint regarding this or should I just add it to the one I'm sending FOS? Just wondering as its a seperate matter that has occurred after my original complaint?

Thanks again :)

Ok. If you titled that complaint "Formal complaint", then they have to issue a final response to you within 8 weeks. If they dont, or they give you the response earlier, you can then escalate the complaint to the FOS.

Just remember, unless it is very serious, the FOS wont normally get involved until you have a final response, or the 8 week time limit has passed.

It's well over 8 weeks since I complained - however, bearing in mind what these companies get up to is ignoring my formal complaint regarded as important?

Another thing that confuses me is that I see people saying ignore the Dca and deal with the OC but then they ignore you while at the same time making themselves richer!

If the 8 weeks ahve passed, then write a full complaint to the FOS detailing everything thats happened. Dont ramble in it, stick to specific points to make it clear and concise. As for your last sentence, thats exactly how PDL's operate and one more reason why we advise people not to use them.

As for your last sentence, thats exactly how PDL's operate and one more reason why we advise people not to use them.

I hear you there :)

We're down to our last 2. The other being cash genie. I've a thread in their sub section as well where I was advised to stop paying as I've already paid enough. However, I now know that's incorrect advice.

Thanks for the advice as always :)