Housing Benefit - Bankrupt and Nil Tax Code

matt37
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for your response. They are all inter-linked. I have been declared bankrupt, just been notified of nil tax code and very concerned that my HB award will be reduced to zero as they will assess my net income as high due to nil income tax. Although I will not see this money as it will be sent directly to my creditors via the Official Receiver's agent, I have learnt that some local authorities still see the nil tax as additional income. Many thanks, Matthew

Hi

As this seems to be more to do with HB and the tax code, I've moved you to the Benefits forum and changed the thread title slightly.

Lets see what responses you get here and we can always move elsewhere if need be.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you are right. Common sense would suggest that the LA would see it this way i.e. my income has not increased but I have read some horror stories on various forums that HB awards have been stopped and demands for overpayment have been issued. I have informed my LA and provided all the nil tax code information and I await their reply. Fingers crossed...