style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just starting this thread for 'Thatllbetheday', who says:

I was apprehended at tkmaxx last Friday for putting a reduced price ticket over another reduced price ticket. Total of the difference was £12.00. It was absurd and I am shocked that I have done this. I was stopped by security. Taken to office. I cannot sleep, cannot say anything to anyone, but am living in fear that the door bell will ring or a letter of prosecution will arrive. My children would never forgive me. Do you have any knowledge of what may happen next......please

Hello and welcome to CAG.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about TK Maxx and other retailers that should give you an idea of the possible letter trail. And the guys should be along later.

Were the police involved on the day please and were you handed anything in writing?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It seems that the police weren't involved, so prosecution won't happen.

RLP, as you'll discover as you read around on this forum, have no legal authority whatsoever. They can't take anyone to court, and they can't prosecute anyone.

What they are likely to do is to send you letters demanding payment for 'damages'. However, the legal basis for these claims is not clear and in the only contested case to date (out of tens of thousands of threats of action), the judge found that there was no legal basis for the retailer's claim, which was made using RLP's matrix of charges.

The letters RLP use appear to be calculated to instil fear and to play upon the shame and embarrassment people feel. Their methods might be described as aggressive and oppressive. However, their really is nothing to fear from them - all they can do is send letters.

Some people favour ignoring them completely, but my preference would be to wait until you hear from them, and then send a short letter:

Dear Sirs

Any liability to you or your client is denied. No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

Although you couldn't set out your position any clearer, RLP will continue to send increasingly silly letters, but you can ignore them. In the past RLP have sometimes used debt collectors, but there is no legitimate debt, so these are easily seen off as they are in breach of the terms and conditions of their licence.

If you need further reassurance, contact your local CAB.

No the police did not attend. My driving licence was given and the details recorded.

I was given an indefinite ban from TKMaxx and Homesense . Quite honestly I don't remember much more about what was said in the detentionroom, as I was in total shock.

Lesson very much learned.

Do TKMaxx get the police involved at a later date?

Does anyone know how the 'Demons list" that one will be added to, affects our lives?

I imagine that iCredit cards, etc will access it?

Not at all - the list (which is also managed and operated by RLP as a separate business) is only accessible by prospective employers as a part of an employment screening process, and then only to clients that have actually signed up to use the 'service'.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If you want to see how pompously ridiculous the database is, have a look at the Cireco website at http://integrityscreening.co.uk/index.html

The absurdity of it is stunning; you can check to see if your prospective employee is a 'politically exposed person' - just the thing if a diplomat applies for a Saturday job at Boots or TKMaxx (though of course there's no evidence to suggest that any company uses Cirecor, or even takes them seriously.

A notional shiny sixpence to the first boy or girl who can tell me why the Cireco's website doesn't comply with the company's legal obligations....

If you want to see how pompously ridiculous the database is, have a look at the Cireco website at http://integrityscreening.co.uk/index.html

The absurdity of it is stunning; you can check to see if your prospective employee is a 'politically exposed person' - just the thing if a diplomat applies for a Saturday job at Boots or TKMaxx (though of course there's no evidence to suggest that any company uses Cirecor, or even takes them seriously.

A notional shiny sixpence to the first boy or girl who can tell me why the Cireco's website doesn't comply with the company's legal obligations....

Ooh - shiny sixpence...

My guess - no privacy policy - despite holding sensitive information.

Company details and registration, lack of Cookies policy - take your pick!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Company details and registration, lack of Cookies policy - take your pick!

Just so.

Who could be responsible? Must be the directors. Let me just check the records in the public domain...

Ah yes - Jacqueline Lambert, j'accuse! A woman who makes a living accusing others of wrongdoing, often without evidence, is herself an offender (to use her own word). Just fancy that!

I wonder how long it will take them to correct it, and then no doubt write to complain that La Lambert's name, a matter of public record as she is a director, has been mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

To surmise:

That a lifelong ban is now instigated.

A contribution towards losses of security staffs vigilance, fixed amount of £137.00 is due.

To pay in full or in instalments.

Payment to be received within 22 days of date of letter.

Payment can be made:

Online with credit/ debit card

By post: cheques/postal order

By phone: debit/credit cards

That's it!

To surmise:

That a lifelong ban is now instigated.

A contribution towards losses of security staffs vigilance, fixed amount of £137.00 is due.

To pay in full or in instalments.

Payment to be received within 22 days of date of letter.

Payment can be made:

Online with credit/ debit card

By post: cheques/postal order

By phone: debit/credit cards

That's it!

Thank you for posting that. I'm sure someone will get back to you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes..that is a standard leter although RLP do go off on tangents, other letters we haves een are, Letters quoting posts on here and replying to every point made, letters roughly following CPR Pre-Action Protocols, letters offering installments but these have the risk of further 'charges', they also appear to try to make a debt where no debt existed.

Be prepared for increasingly bizarre attempts by RLP after the Oxford case.

Personally I'd reply once pointing out no liability and that the issues have already beenm tested in a court of law and failed, no further correspondence will be entered into.

Andy