katiexx

Can I challenge a log book loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Does anyone know if I can challenge a log book loan?

I took out a log book loan in June 2011, when I spoke to the person down the phone I was told the only condition was that I had to keep the loan for a minimum of 3 months and then I could pay off the balance.

The gentleman drove down from the north on the same day printed off some documents put me in the car and drove me to a solicitors office. I did not see the forms but was happy with what the lady had told me down the phone. I was later sent an unsigned credit agreement and my vehicle documents back. I have since found out the person that issued the loan is in fact a sole trader. I was under the impression it was a large organisation. I have requested a copy of the bill of sale and am awaiting this to arrive.

I tried to settle the account in April 2012 and then found out I had been tied in for a 2 year fixed term. So in short I am being charged £3400 for a £1000 loan. I feel I have been mis-sold this as it is definitely not was discussed with me down the phone.

So am I am to challenge this is anyway. I would have been insane to knowingly sign into a 2 year fixed term agreement.

K

So, what did you actually sign? Did you sign a 2-year loan agreement? I think you should be asking the lender for a copy of that document.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS