What the hell, Advantage?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a 57 plate Mondeo form Fowlers motors in Stoke on trent 8 days ago, funding was provided by Advantage Finance.

I got the car home everything was OK until Wednesday of last week when I lost all water in the cooling system. On closer inspection there was a big water leak coming from the water pump and radiator.

After phoning Fowlers who supplied the car and not getting any joy I got in touch with Advantage who supplied the finance, they told me to take it to a garage for an independent inspection.

Off I go to a garage for a independent inspection and get a report, it was quite shocking, £4,000 worth of repairs wanted to bring the vehicle upto standard. I faxed the inspection report over to Advantage

Yesterday a recovery truck turned up on the order of Advantage saying the vehicle was being repossessed :-x:-x:-x:-x

I phoned Avantage up who said the vehicle has been repossed because of a fraud on the account, I said fraud what are you on about? He said, that inspection certificate you provided us was fake. I was like "WHAT"? He said the vehicle is being repossessed end of story, you will be billed for any outstanding monies good bye.

Anyone had any trouble with Advantage

Unbelievable - you couldn't make it up could you? Sounds like they are digging themselves into a huge hole.

Just as well you retained the original inspection certificate.

Did they give you any paperwork when they 'repossessed' the car?.

Yes they gave me a pink rep paper just ticking off all the boxes like what make of car it was etc etc.

In the absence of other information, I am going to hazard a guess here:

Perhaps Advantage have contacted the dealer and told him to repair the car and he sent out the collection truck for it. The driver has thrown you some bull-poo about repossession and paying the balance, etc cos his boss is peed-off with having to repair the car. Like I said, just a guess.

You are not in default of your agreement and the car isn't 'at-risk' so, if Advantage have 'repossessed' it they are in breach of the agreement.

As far as fraud is concerned (personally I think it is nonsense), if they believe fraud has been committed they must inform the police as it is a criminal offence. Even if they think there is fraud it is not for them to judge you, is it? That's why we have courts.

Was the paperwork on headed Advantage notepaper? Did it say why the car was being taken? Was it signed by the truck driver?

(My guess is no to all three).

The whole lot stinks.

In the absence of other information, I am going to hazard a guess here:

Perhaps Advantage have contacted the dealer and told him to repair the car and he sent out the collection truck for it. The driver has thrown you some bull-poo about repossession and paying the balance, etc cos his boss is peed-off with having to repair the car. Like I said, just a guess.

You are not in default of your agreement and the car isn't 'at-risk' so, if Advantage have 'repossessed' it they are in breach of the agreement.

As far as fraud is concerned (personally I think it is nonsense), if they believe fraud has been committed they must inform the police as it is a criminal offence. Even if they think there is fraud it is not for them to judge you, is it? That's why we have courts.

Was the paperwork on headed Advantage notepaper? Did it say why the car was being taken? Was it signed by the truck driver?

(My guess is no to all three).

The whole lot stinks.

Yes it was a pink peice of paper with Advantage Finance at the top. All the driver said he had come on behalf of Advatage Finance and handed me the paper.

Edit to the above, I forgot to add that the dealer took my other motor in PX against the new one plus I paid them, £250 to take the car off sale, so I now have no car total lost £1,250.

Edited by Nidge22

Yes it was a pink peice of paper with Advantage Finance at the top. All the driver said he had come on behalf of Advatage Finance and handed me the paper.

Edit to the above, I forgot to add that the dealer took my other motor in PX against the new one plus I paid them, £250 to take the car off sale, so I now have no car total lost £1,250.

I take it Advantage have not been back in touch yet?

There are very limited circumstances in which they can repossess a car and, to the best of my knowledge, only one that allows them to do it without going through a set process including contacting you first.

That one is: if they genuinely believe the vehicle is at risk. Examples of this are: it was about to be taken abroad, about to be sold-on, about to be stolen (rung-up), it was obtained by fraud, etc.

It sounds that they are in breach of their agreement with you for no good reason. From what you have said about the car, it sounds as if you would be better without it and with all your money back anyway.