dasis16

Straight into Support Group based on ESA50 & Evidence

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2526 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I posted my ESA50 form on the 5th November. On the 10th November, ATOS advised the DWP that I did not require a WCA, and recommended I be put straight into the support group. Today the DWP confirmed they agreed with this, and have advised they will reassess in six months.

I have been signed off from work since March with anxiety and depression. I have also been waiting since last year to be assessed for Asperger's Syndrome. I filled in the ESA50 form using the Fullfacts medical guide, and the Rethink WCA factsheet.

I basically photocopied everything, and included as much additional evidence with the ESA50 as possible. This included hospital admissions and discharges, prescriptions, appointment letters and referral requests. I also paid my GP £30 for a two-page medical report, which included a request for a home visit due to my diagnosis of agoraphobia and social phobia.

ATOS obviously went one step further and decided the evidence I provided was enough. I can't tell you how relieved I am, I was dreading the possible months of stress ahead. I would like to say a big thank you to this forum for the useful guidance provided. My best piece of advice would be to provide as much info as possible to ATOS. Give them yards of paperwork to go through, and go into as much detail as possible in the actual ESA50.

yeah congrats, interesting that you kept all appointment letters, something I think I will do from now on. As that is strong evidence, because if someone is repeatedly having appointments it means their condition is real enough that they cant be discharged.