Sons Debt, Company Harassing Me

bahtty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wondering if anyone could help over an issue that I have.

My son was due a bank several thousand pounds, the bank have now sold the bad debt to a debt agency. The agency call me very frequently asking for payment, despite informing them of whats happened, they never listen.

My son was living with us while at university, and he has the same name as I, Im certain the debt company thinks I am at it!!

The debt is from 2006 at the latest, I know this because in 2007 he emigrated to New Zealand, where he now lives. He wont ever be back in the UK, so this could drag on forever unless its resolved.

Any idea how I can stop the telephone calls and letters, I really have had enough, I need it to stop ASAP.

thanks

Are they giving you details of the alleged debt? I would send one letter by recorded telling them it is not you and to either put up or shut up. That means take you to court or go away. Then tell them you will report them to the oft,fso and ico. It is not up to you to prove you are not your son it is for them to prove you are. In any event the debt will ne statute barred or very nearly

Hi, wondering if anyone could help over an issue that I have.

My son was due a bank several thousand pounds, the bank have now sold the bad debt to a debt agency. The agency call me very frequently asking for payment, despite informing them of whats happened, they never listen.

My son was living with us while at university, and he has the same name as I, Im certain the debt company thinks I am at it!!

The debt is from 2006 at the latest, I know this because in 2007 he emigrated to New Zealand, where he now lives. He wont ever be back in the UK, so this could drag on forever unless its resolved.

Any idea how I can stop the telephone calls and letters, I really have had enough, I need it to stop ASAP.

thanks

OK is the debt collection agency discussing the debt with you in detail.?

All you need to do is send the following to the Data Controller at the DCA.

Dear Sir,

Ref:: as on their letters.

I refer to your communications regarding a debt in the name of Mr.XXXXXXX which you are continually harassing me for payment, please take note I do not acknowlege any liability for this allged debt I am not the debtor you seek.

I confirm that the person you seek is not resident at this address and has not been so for a number of years as he now resides abroad.

The amount of contact from your incompetant company is now causing me considerble distress and amounts to harassment, which I am reporting to the OFT and the ICO regarding your conduct and failure to ensure that you are contacting the correct person.

You will now cease processing all data relating to me including but not limited to my address, all telephone numbers any e-mail addresses.

You Will confirm compliance within 7 days of the date of this letter or more severe action will result.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Nearly SB anyway.

Ignore them, report them to the OFT&TS also to OFcom regarding the misuse of the communications network, and go through your phone providers malicious calls procedure, when they ring, just laugh and hang up, there is exactly zero they could ever do to anyone.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!