Pantman

Bailiffs chasing PCN - have ticket still!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On Dec 22nd last year I parked in a council car park. I paid for my ticket and stuck it in the window. I return to find a PCN on the windscreen and the ticket still stuck in the window. I appealed the penalty but they just passed it onto Northampton. Now we have White & Co saying they have a warrant from Northampton and chasing us.

My wife has a long term illness, I have am out of work and dealing with depression, and we are really struggling. I am finding hard to concentrate and deal with matter like this. And the threat of bailiffs is pushing us over the edge.

The council head of parking says he cannot do anything now - is that true or a fob off? He has recieved a clear digital photo of the parking ticket and so he is well aware that no offense ever took place.

What do I do?

The council are responsible for everything that has happened passing it on to court then bailiffs

did you not hear the out come of any appeal?

I would make a formal complaint to council copying in councilors and local MP in the hope they will stop any bailiff action

consider contacting local government ombudsmen

At this point bailiffs will be after two things only your money or your car:sad:

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Just to add, it seems very strange to me that i have committed no crime, owe no money and yet bailiffs are harrassing my family. Does innocent until proven guilty not apply to parking?

No, its an administrative process and you have to keep to the process and the deadlines or you end up in default. Did you receive a Notice to Owner ? Did you receive a Charge Certificate ? Did you ignore it/them ?

Just to add, it seems very strange to me that i have committed no crime, owe no money and yet bailiffs are harrassing my family. Does innocent until proven guilty not apply to parking?

You are not guilty but you are liable for the charge unless you appeal and get it cancelled, so at this moment in time you do owe money hence the baliffs.

If you appealed the PCN to the local authority you should have received a response. In any event, it would seem that your appeal has been rejected but you should have received a Charge Certificate and Order for Recovery. It is only if payment is not made at the OfR stage that a warrant will be authorised.

As you had appealed and had not received a response then you are legally entitled to file an Out of Time Witness Statment with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Call them straight away on 08457 045 007 and they will email the form to you. As long as you return the form by email by 4pm today all enforcement will be on hold for appox 6 weeks.

On Dec 22nd last year I parked in a council car park. I paid for my ticket and stuck it in the window. I return to find a PCN on the windscreen and the ticket still stuck in the window. I appealed the penalty but they just passed it onto Northampton. Now we have White & Co saying they have a warrant from Northampton and chasing us.

What do I do?

Is the solicitor a Graham White & Co?

Whyte & Co are a firm of certificated bailiffs and as such, are permitted to enforce warrants of execution on behalf of local authorities for unpaid parking charge notices.

what excatly was the parking infringement??

fail to display

fail to CLEARLY display

was pay and display ticket on the floor of the car, on the dash upside down

what were the circumstances