Lloyds tsb

Gem21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I deposited nearly £3000 into my partners account last week through the quick deposit box in my local branch. The money still hasn't been credited to his account, we have rung lloyds who say they have no record of this deposit at all, we have got to go down and view cct but all that is going to show is me making the deposit. What do we do now, it's a lot of money for them to lose and they don't really seem that interested

Please help

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Was this a cash deposit? If so from where did you withdraw the cash?

Did you keep any proof ie a tear off tab or a paying in slip counter foil?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, the money was withdrawn a few months ago from my account, out of my redundancy money, my partner was going to put it into his yorkshire bank savings account but changed his mind so it had been kept in our safe till last week when he asked me to put it into his account. We have got a tear off tab from the paying in slip but it isn't stamped as I put in the quick deposit box, lloyds are saying I should have put contact details on back of envelope, I have paid money into accounts this way before and never put details on envelope, do you think I should also report this to the police or let them investigate further

Hello Gem,

When you go to the bank do not let them intimidate you in anyway, tell them that you hold the bank entirely responsible for the loss of the deposit.

You must insist that the banks security department is informed and you will also report the matter to the police.

Insist on their CCTV footage being reviewed while you are present.

Also ask if they are recording the meeting and tell them you must have a copy of the recording.

Take any evidence you have regarding the deposit being made, be sure you have the account number and sort code of the bank account the deposit should have gone to.

Good Luck.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brigadier, have been to the bank with the tear off tab, I ad put the date and time of transaction on the tab at the time, they have taken a photocopy of this and also took details of the account from which I withdrew the money a few months ago. The women in the bank said that they will run an investigation and keep me informed, they had better find it, my partner is absolutely furious, how long do I wait until I go to the police

Bank have rung today, spoke to a gentleman who told me they still couldn't find money but were investigating and going to look at CCTV he asked me to run through what I did when I walked into the bank which I did, only problem is he sounded really uninterested, like it was my fault they have lost the money. Am going to make a complaint with the police but have been reading that the police can't do anything and tell you to go back to bank, can they do this with such a large amount of missing cash involved

In this case the police must listen, money is missing, someone on the bank staff has to empty the deposit box, questions need to be asked and answered regarding this.

Have made an incident report with police, but basically they are saying its down to the bank, bank have rung back and said they have checked CCTV and I'm on it posting the envelope, they are now waiting for another department to ring them back to decide what they are going to do, how long shall I wait till I start kicking off again