style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I need some advice Please!

I have joinedEquifax and run myself a Credit Report. The Credit Report came back with two problems.

1. Iam currently not on the Electoral Roll. Very easy to fix with the council.

2. A“Date Last Delinquent” on my mortgagefor earlier this year.

The problemis the “Date Last Delinquent” has just lost me my dream job!

I contacted the bank about this “Date Last Delinquent” entry as I was unawareof a default on my mortgage. I have a Virgin One Account which they cap at aset time of year. At the cap time I amsupposed to have paid enough money to cover the years caped amount. Well lastyear was tuff work wise and we came to an agreement based on my work load thatwe would catch up by April this year. I am a contractor and I had two contractscancelled on me at the start of the year. So I could not meet the deadline of April.I contacted the bank and extended the facility to give me more time to get upto date. I am now currently a year in advance of my payment schedule.

I never missed a monthly Mortgage payment and had an arrangement with thebank. But they have told me that because the money was outstanding for over xxdays they report this as a “Date Last Delinquent”.

Can I get this removed?

How do I get it removed?

This really lost me my dream job I am gutted.

Designtime

Edited by DesignTime
Formatting

Is the account actually defaulted?

The '' date last delinquent'' section refers to the date when a payment was due and not made AFTER WHICH NO PAYMENT WAS EVER MADE.

Is this correct no more payments were made or are you continuing to pay?

Or did you miss a payment and then negotiate a reduced payment level?

If you have an arrengement to pay a reduced amount then the bank must report the breach of the original payment terms of the mortgage agreement.

Are your prospectibe employers checking your credit refgerence files with your permission as part of the conditions of employment?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Is the account actually defaulted
No.

The '' date last delinquent'' section refers to the date when a payment was due and not made
AFTER WHICH NO PAYMENT WAS EVER MADE.
Thats correct on the date but some money was paid but not all of it. There was still an outstanding balance. I asked on that date for more time to clear it.

Is this correct no more payments were made or are you continuing to pay?
I am paying and as I said I am now a year in front with my payments

Or did you miss a payment and then negotiate a reduced payment level?
No

If you have an arrengement to pay a reduced amount then the bank must report the breach of the original payment terms of the
mortgage
link3.gif
agreement.
Only to pay a small outstanding balance for 2 months!

Are your prospectibe employers checking your credit refgerence files with your permission as part of the conditions of employment?
Yes, I signed an agreement