style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping somebody can help within the next 3 days I have left

I had a court fine in October 2008 for un-taxed car which payment was sent in April 2009. Now in Nov 2012 I receive a letter saying they have traced me down and have 7 days to pay initial fine + £85 fee or they will attend to seize goods to sell. I have none of the original documentation as this was probably destroyed as I have moved address twice since the original fine imposed and have received prior communication from Marston (each time I moved I had post diverted to new address) My time is running out and I don't know what to do?

I paid this in April 2009 however as explained above, I moved house twice since the fine was issued and destroyed alot of old paperwork so I have no evidence or any of original letters from court which may have indicated was now closed. I do not have the £310 to pay and Marston have advised "it has got to the stage where they are unable to offer any type of plan. Payment MUST be in full"

I spoke to the courts and it seems that they do not have receipt of payment on their system and all correspondence was sent to previous addresses. I was advised that Marston would not be out in 7 days, they just say that because they want some money and they have been out on hold now for atleast a month. Few more days digging through accounts and paperwork my end and hopefully come up with something in my favour if not, the court will work with me on a plan of repayment.

Think that is fair to say the least

Was by cheque from family member who leant me the money and 'paid' off for me. Going through his account now to see if was cashed or not

My own fault I know for getting the fine in the first place and relying on somebody else bailing me out

I just needed the help with Marston as after 3 years of nothing and then get 7 days to pay in full or a visit from them to remove goods with no negotiation I thought was a bit rough especially as they could not prove their attempts and communication

I spoke to the courts and it seems that they do not have receipt of payment on their system and all correspondence was sent to previous addresses. I was advised that Marston would not be out in 7 days, they just say that because they want some money and they have been out on hold now for atleast a month. Few more days digging through accounts and paperwork my end and hopefully come up with something in my favour if not, the court will work with me on a plan of repayment.

Think that is fair to say the least

Have the court agreed with you that they will work with you "on a plan of repayment".

Did you receive a copy of the summons because, if not, you should be allowed to filed a Statutory Declaration.

I can not fault the Court for their assistance and reassurance. If it transpires the cheque was not cashed for whatever reason, they will work with me on a repayment plan.

They were in agreement that it was a harsh warning after all this time and obviously all previous atttempts were to old addresses so I would not have known this was ongoing