style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am currently considering a PPI claim against Santander for Mortgage PPI, I took a mortgage out with Abbey in 1998 for 45000 and have remained with Abbey/Santander through out this period and after additional borrowing over the years have a remaining balance of 72000 (including interest).

When i took the mortgage out i was advised that i had to show the mortgage under writers that i had a means to repay the mortgage if either myself or my partner went sick and so I was advised that PPI would be needed to show this, I now believe that this would be deemed as being mis-sold, if this is the case do I need to make a claim against Santander and a separate one against Abbey or on the basis that Santander purchased Abbey are they solely responsible for the life of the claim.

Hi

What, if any, benefits for sickness did you and your partner get through your employers?

If you were told that the PPI was a "must have" then that is mis-selling. The lender didn't know your personal circumstances...you may have had private means which would cover the repayments.

Your target will the Santander if the PPI was added to the mortgage agreement or the insurer if you were making payments separately to your mortgage each month.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi,

we would have both had 6 months min full pay for long term sickness from our employers and we both have life insurance policies to cover in the event of terminal illness or bereavement of a partner.

The PPI has always been a separate amount but quoted to run alongside the mortgage, and just to confirm you are advising Santander are solely responsible for the whole claim ??

Who was your monthly payment going to?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Sorry, also how would i workout any amount owed and would the claim be for for the total length of the mortgage up to date or should I still submit a separate claim for the time spent with Abbey before the buy out and one since Santander became the mortgage lender ??

OK so if your payment for insurance is going to them then Santander are your target. Abbey no longer exists.

EDIT:

Re your post about how to work out your claim amount, you can use this spreadsheet.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

hi, thanks for the spreadsheet, do I need to locate all my bank statements going back to when i took the mortgage out and enter the dates and amounts one by one ??

hi, thanks for the spreadsheet, do I need to locate all my bank statements going back to when i took the mortgage out and enter the dates and amounts one by one ??

Yes you will need to enter each payment you actually made giving the date and the amount. The "Claim to" date should be set to today.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Ok, thats going to be a challenge but probably worth the time spent.

Are there other Forums I should look at on here regards reclaiming PPI against Santander for mortgage loans ??

I've moved your thread to the PPI forum.

Have a look at some others in this forum...I am sure there are some more Santy threads in here.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions