Phones4U/O2 upgrade but faulty handset

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Upgraded 7 days ago today via phones4u but my apple iphone is faulty. They have agreed to exchange it for a new one but I have to send this one back before they will send me a new one. I have explained the problem with this - ie 5 days with no phone but they say this is the only way forward.

I have asked to cancel the whole thing but they refuse.

Surely if the handset is not fit for purpose and I ordered over the phone, there should be a way to cancel altogether?

If you upgraded online or over the phone they have to let you cancel under the distance selling regulations act. As the phone is faulty they cannot charge you for the return.

If it was taken out in-store, can you not visit a store and exchange there?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar