honour2012

DLA at last

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all just to let you know that I phoned DLA this morning to be told over the phone that we have got high rate DLA and care until 2014. So happy, can look at cars now, thanks for all your help.

Congratulations! If you receive any income based benefits, inform them; as this will give you extra money.

Need some more advice currently get industrial injuries dis ben and ESA at a reduced rate as its income related and the IIDB is taken off. My question is my wife has just claimed carers, should we stay on ESA as in the support group or should my wife claim income support instead what would be our best options, thanks for your time.

If your wife claims income support, you won't have to go through medicals. But (correct me if I'm wrong) I think you receive more on ESA support group?

Thanks for your reply but we get the IIDB money taken off as claim is in my name, when my wife claimed Income Support when she was looking after her Dad. They disregarded my IIDB. Think ill ring ESA tomorrow but thanks anyway.