BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2616 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

Someone on the debt board suggested I post in here regarding a debt I apparently have to British Gas.

The debt relates to my previous address.

I moved into the property Dec 2009.

Tried on numerous occasions to find out who the gas supplier by phoning the national grid helpline etc.

At first I was told that the property wasn't listed.

Eventually after going around in circles and phoning several different numbers I was told it was British Gas who were the supplier.

I called British Gas on numerous occasions to ask that they set up the gas account in my name as I was the new tenant.

British Gas stated they were not the supplier.

Cue going around in circles

- being told by the national grid helpline that it was British Gas, to be told by British Gas it was not them.

I never ever received a gas bill from any supplier for the 2 year period I was in the property.

I moved out of the property in Jan 2012.

A few months down the line I started receiving letters from a solicitor (?) claiming to be acting on behalf of British Gas to recover a debt of approx £800 for gas at my last property.

This is despite never receiving a gas bill from them in the entire time I lived in the property.

Any advice?

I think they can only claim for 12 months back which is to November last year!

correct.

if they [british gas] have never sent a bill this applies.

who are the fake/tame solicitor trying to fleece you?

dx

It is LCS - Utility Investigations

They haven't written for a good few months, the last letter I have from them is dated June 2012.

Oh and they are trying to claim for gas used from Sep 09 to Mar12. I didn't move in until dec 09, and moved out Jan 12.

Edited by Melisandre