RugbyPete

Relocation money taken into csa calculations?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2509 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

It appears the csa do not care for the fact im being paid relocation money when the office moved premise.

Im now doing 120 miles a day, 600 miles a week,33,000 business miles on my own vehicle

This money was just paying for my fuel (let alone the wear and tear) - now the csa have caught on, theyve upped the payments i have to make

Is this allowed? Its not actual income or overtime but money to compensate me for the move

well, its on my payslip i had to submit, but i also stated it was in there at the comments section.

But still, i get a letter saying theyre basing the total wages taken home on the payslip

I would have thought income is a regular amount paid to you. Is there a date when your relocation expenses come to a stop?

12 months from now, it stops... well 11 now.

Its a set amount divided and then added as a seperate item on my wage slip.

The whole point is its for the relocation costs.. not to be given to my ex wife!

ok, if you follow this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/relocation.htm#e this tells you what can be classed as not income for tax purposes, specifically this section, you may need to talk toi your payroll/HR department, I am not an expert on this but it seems possibly that this should not be classed as income.

I have extracted below the section you shouold look at, maybe there is a tax expert who could shed better light on this

Which expenses and benefits may qualify for exemption?

Expenses and benefits that may qualify for exemption are

travel and subsistence costs for

your travel and accommodation, if you have to commute (daily, weekly, etc) temporarily to your new place of work (if you move to your new home after you move your job) or to your old place of work (if you move to your new home before you change jobs within an organisation)

Thanks, this looks to be exempt from taxation, but maybe not csa?

Can anyone clarify this?

If it exempt from tax as IR do not class it as income then I think that is a good argument

Should I write a letter?

quoting the above?

If they say no? who can i escalate to?

Personally I see no problem writing to them. They will have a process for escalation you should find

It on their website

Any gross payment, will be used for Calculation purposes.

For example, many companies who pay employees a milage allowance

may have added an increased lump sum per month, to cover the rise in fuel costs

The benificary would get your % payment of that, too.