care parking at cheshire oaks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A family member went shopping at cheshire oaks on the 17/11/2012 and unawares to them parked in a staff parking area and when they returned to their car had a parking charge on the windscreeen from care parking.

i tried to upload picture but this is my first post so couldnt

after doing some research i believe that i should tell them to just ignore this companies invoice, is that correct? she is quite concerned (and elderly) that when it gets passed to a debt recovery agency that some one will turn up and try and take her car away.

parking attendant also got car colour wrong as invoice states black and log book clearly states purple.

Just reading the small print on the back of the ticket and it reads:

PART 5 ADMINISTRATION/LAWFULL ISSUE

This parking charge has been lawfully issued and the collection procedure will be processed in accordence with the Aminstraion of Justice Act 1970 (just off to read the act now)

Edited by jamesryan1

Ther appears to be an attempt to mislead or at least impersonate authority here, they are not members of the British Parking Association as far as I can establish. If they do manage to obtain owner details from the DVLA then lodge an immediate complaint to the Information Commisonair.

In the meantime COMPLETELY IGNORE and if they make contact complain only and then completely ignore their demands.

In addition, debt collectors have no legal status they are merely private companies and cannot under any circurmstances remove anything. All they can do is make noises, they are easily dealt with and nothing to worry about.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Edited by Crocdoc

Ther appears to be an attempt to mislead or at least impersonate authority here, they are not members of the British Parking Association as far as I can establish. If they do manage to obtain owner details from the DVLA then lodge an immediate complaint to the Information Commisonair.

In the meantime COMPLETELY IGNORE and if they make contact complain only and then completely ignore their demands.

In addition, debt collectors have no legal status they are merely private companies and cannot under any circurmstances remove anything. All they can do is make noises, they are easily dealt with and nothing to worry about.

I hope this information is of assistance.

They are a member of the BPA. This from the current AOS list:-

Anchor Security Services Ltd t/as Care Parking

But they are in breach of the latest AOS code by not mentioning POPLA. This from their website:-

You have the option to appeal against the charge you have received. However we would issue the following guidance should you wish to pursue this course. The final decision on revoking a charge notice rests with our appeals department.

so did you just ignore it?

I appealed and the appeal was turned down. I have now taken my appeal to POPLA. So many people are being caught out by inadequate signage at this spot. I took a video of the spot it clearly showed lack of signage and that the signage indicated on the image taken by Care was obscured by the hedge. Even if I had seen the sign it I would have been fooled into believing that it read the same as the signs on the main car park i.e. Free Parking.

They are a member of the BPA. This from the current AOS list:-

Anchor Security Services Ltd t/as Care Parking

But they are in breach of the latest AOS code by not mentioning POPLA. This from their website:-

You have the option to appeal against the charge you have received. However we would issue the following guidance should you wish to pursue this course. The final decision on revoking a charge notice rests with our appeals department.

I read up before I appealed and told them that I would be taking the case to POPLA if I lost. I'd read that they always turn down appeals. They have sent the form but it appears that the Verification Code I need to give to POPLA is incorrect. They are not answering my emails where I have asked for clarification of the correct Verification Code.

I hope that you are aware that if your POPLA appeal is turned down you are still free to ignore any demands from the PPC. This is because POPLA decisions are not binding on the motorist.

I'd like to think that decent signage was put in place so that people are well aware that they are not supposed to park in the area designated for staff. I've read so many posts where people are frightened, anxious and bullied into paying up - It's wrong. What if people pay up and they can't really afford it - it could be taking food out of people's mouths - the elderly, children. It's wrong.

If you do decide to ignore don't be intimidated by any letters you might receive from a debt collector/ solicitor called "The Thomas Higgins Partnership" . They might even send you a letter headed "Final Notice Before Legal Action". Sounds threatening, but it seems they never follow up this threat and just give up if the motorist refuses to bite.

If you do decide to ignore don't be intimidated by any letters you might receive from a debt collector/ solicitor called "The Thomas Higgins Partnership" . They might even send you a letter headed "Final Notice Before Legal Action". Sounds threatening, but it seems they never follow up this threat and just give up if the motorist refuses to bite.

Do Operators have to declare how many PCN's they have issued and for what reason? Is this information transparent?

They have sent the form but it appears that the Verification Code I need to give to POPLA is incorrect.

Did you find this out by trying to do POPLA online? If so, it might just be that their online system is not working because it is new. Try posting via snail mail directly to POPLA, and include a photocopy of the PPC document giving you the POPLA code, plus copies of your emails asking for a new code.

As well as your other reasons, ask POPLA to uphold your appeal because the PPC are not following the POPLA process correctly.

You could also try waiting a little while. According to the BPA code of practice, the PPC have 35 days from your initial appeal to either uphold it, or reject it and provide you with a valid POPLA code. Once 35 days have passed from the date you initially appealed, contact the PPC to inform them that they are out of time and that since they have not provided a valid POPLA code you consider they have upheld your appeal and the matter is now closed.

I sent the paperwork by recorded delivery post in the end neither the online or email at POPLA was working correctly. Also the PPC sent the rejection of the appeal the letter dated on the 34th day.

Did you find this out by trying to do POPLA online? If so, it might just be that their online system is not working because it is new. Try posting via snail mail directly to POPLA, and include a photocopy of the PPC document giving you the POPLA code, plus copies of your emails asking for a new code.

As well as your other reasons, ask POPLA to uphold your appeal because the PPC are not following the POPLA process correctly.

You could also try waiting a little while. According to the BPA code of practice, the PPC have 35 days from your initial appeal to either uphold it, or reject it and provide you with a valid POPLA code. Once 35 days have passed from the date you initially appealed, contact the PPC to inform them that they are out of time and that since they have not provided a valid POPLA code you consider they have upheld your appeal and the matter is now closed.