C/C Debt (vanquis) cant repay payments too high

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All need advice

i'll cut to the point

Vanquis credit card payments just too high

i called them said too high its £120 a month and bill not reducing they said pay more

been paying that for over a year i asked them whats apr am i paying and its 69% i went off it

for every £120 a month i pay £3 comes off my debt rest is interest

ive cancelled the direct debit and now have a missed payment wow they like to call you but ive not answered any of the calls received

i want them to whistle for the balance but know its my debt and need to pay it off but refuse to pay anywhere near that amout and need the interest freezing

please help

and no the bank wont give me a personal loan

bang goes my credit score

hi bretts

i've moved you to the provi/vanquish forum

you are NOT alone here

have you others debts too?

not got anything you can reclaim have you...

like late/over PENALTY fees or PPI?

£120PCM is very high

whats the balance

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would suggest your credit rating was poor anyway if you got a vanquis card. How long have you had the card? That apr does seem dreadful and i wonder if they could justify it in court.

I would write and offer a set amount each month so long as they freeze interest and charges. If you can show you are in a vulnerable group,out of work,mental health,disabled so much the better as the oft say they have to treat such people fairly.

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hey guys so fast in replying

ok i owe £2300

i do work full time :sad:

never missed a payment until now so no late payment charges

cancelled the ppi with them last year before it was known i could reclaim

credit history not bad (equifax) no ccjs 1 default but getting paid

not much credit agreements

rented house

inside leg 32"

council tax in arrears

thats the word 'advise'

if/if not the op uses it is not our concern.

if they didn't want 'advise' they would not use a forum.

however, is not just just 'epanding or giving an example of what you yourself advised???

anyway leave you to it....

dx

and they

well ctax is your no.1. priority.

if it were me.

i'd inc a copy of your ctax arrears letter

use the example letter above

and tell them they are only going to get say £20-£50 or LESS for 6mth whilst you sort the ctax.

but def take control!

its your money DECIDE where it goes

CCJ's and SD's are a very long way off

if at all

i dont think a vanquis debt has ever gotten that far.

dx

dx

and they

Bretts, definitely agree with dx that council tax is a priority, in fact in law it is classed as a priority debt. In my experience vanquis are not easy to deal with although others may have had better results. Something to think about as well is how important is a clean credit file to you as if they default you that is another 6 years of a default showing. Lots to consider

I would suggest your first task would be to do yourself a budget sheet so you can see where your money is going.

Was the APR at that rate when you first entered into the agreement with Vanquis ?

If not, at what point did it start to increase ? They probably see you paying only the minimum amount each month and assume that you are a high risk - so up the interest rate.. !!

If you are no longer using the card, then perhaps a letter simply advising that due to the massive increase in APR since the inception of the card, you are struggling to pay - especially as the very high amount you are paying toward the debt is not reducing it due to high interest.

That in the circumstances, you are no longer able to service the account and you would like them to start treating you fairly - which at the present they do not appear to be doing.

That your finances will allow you to pay just £XX amount toward reducing the debt and you would like them to freeze interest and charges.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yer gunna put all that in the letter citizenb. i understand what your saying about the rate been increased it been a "rate for risk" as i know it. but at no time was i informed of a new rate / apr so only thing i can think of is its always be that high or i just missed it in the fine print when credit wss increased

tell ya what they really do pester when you miss a payment my phones not stopped

My understanding and maybe i am wrong is that when a rate increases you should be given the option of refusing and closing your account paying off any balance at your old rate.

yup pretty sure your right but

But?

you have to clear the balance to close it

also i would add

I can only afford £xx per week and with current climate I would have expected a company of your stature would try to help your customers.

I was on the understanding that with you being holders of a consumer credit license that you are required to be compliant with codes of practice, fair business practice and observe guidelines as set out by the office of fair trading.

I am very disappointed that you will not even consider my offer and stop interestlink3.gif and charges to bring the balance down in which I believe is a breech of the office of fair trading guidelines.

I would ask to you reconsider my offer of £xx per week and stop interest and charges,

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Of course you need to clear the balance however the interest rate would have stayed at a lower rate. Not sure if refusing to freeze interest and charges is itself a breach of oft guidelines. The op has been paying 120. Maybe if he stopped paying and got the default etc it would be a different matter. Not sure if that is the best idea though.